Advanced Practice Provider, Healy, AK
Advanced Practice Provider - Healy
Medical – Healy, Alaska
This position provides comprehensive coordinated primary and preventive health care services to an ethnically diverse patient population across the lifespan.
Masters degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies or Doctorate degree in Nursing. Licensure in State of Alaska as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant-Certified; Advanced Nurse Practitioner board certification in family medicine required. Current DEA and certification in BLS.
Experience in delivering services to medically under-served populations and cultural competency. Proficiency with Electronic Health Records required.
- Provide direct outpatient care.
- Screen, examine, diagnose, manage and treat physical disease, injuries and medical disorders.
- Order and interpret routine laboratory analysis and x-rays, and prepare case histories.
- Recognize the systems of substance abuse and respond appropriately to patient attempts to obtain unnecessary prescriptions.
- Recognize serious illnesses and conditions and refer to physician, or other health professional as appropriate.
- Provide after-hours call coverage in coordination with other medical staff and call group ensuring continuity of patient care with physician backup.
- Performs clinical procedures (e.g. pediatric and adult injections, tympanography, audiometry, spirometry, dispenses medications, venipuncture, EKG’s, vision screening, dressing changes, etc.).
- Coordinate with center’s and community’s providers ensuring delivery of integrated comprehensive primary care services.
- Supports, in conjunction with Clinical Support Supervisor, clinical support staff.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement activities.
- Assist in development of clinical procedures.
- Remain current and in compliance with the Statutes and Regulations of the State of Alaska’s Medical and Nursing Boards.
- Assist with facility and operations at site as needed.
- Comply with corporation’s policies and procedures.
- Utilize personal computer.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Possess considerable knowledge of methods of general medicine and primary health care, methods of diagnosing, managing and treating medical disorders, as well as the systems of more serious illnesses or conditions, appropriate laboratory tests and drug and/or physical therapies involved, and of the problems and dynamics in treating medically under-served populations.
Ability to work as successful primary health care team.
Computer skills; proficiency with Electronic Health Records.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Position is based in the City of Healy; however, position responsibilities may require travel both within the Fairbanks North Star Borough (FNSB) and Denali Borough. Use of personal vehicle is required for travel; therefore, a valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and registration is required. Position may require working occasional evenings and weekends.