Quality Improvement Data Analyst, South San Francisco, CA
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT DATA ANALYST
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time Quality Improvement Data Analyst. The Quality Improvement Data Analyst will serve as the main technical, data and analytics consultant to the team by developing end to end reporting processes to support Quality initiatives. In collaboration with both the Quality team and cross-departmental partners, lead efforts to design, develop and implement data studies to inform actionable changes in business processes and systems toward achievement of improved outcomes for the member, greater engagement with providers and overall data analytics strategies.
The essential duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop and/or operationalize all reports and dashboards required to monitor department wide quality initiatives and key performance metrics including but not limited to HEDIS (Healthcare Effectiveness Data Information Set), QIPs/PIPs (Quality/Performance Improvement programs), FSRs (Facility Site Reviews), vendor utilization, member experience, and more.
- Maintain an inventory and schedule of all data reports for the department and perform routine inventory analysis to ensure effective use of informatics and IT resources
- In partnership with department project owners, develop, review and update report specifications, data dictionaries and databases on a regular basis
- Exercise Lean management to triage all data requests to informatics by ensuring there is clear business intent, value add, and no duplication of efforts
- Develop, administer, and maintain ongoing data validation procedures for monitoring data completeness and accuracy for all Quality data sources and reports.
- Responsible for Quality team’s overall training and development of procedures for effective and efficient use of BI tools and platforms specific to Quality initiatives, including but not limited to Cotiviti QR (Quality Engine), Advantmed chart retrieval portal, HealthSuite, MedHOK, ClaimStatDB, AuthStatDB, HPSM Datamart, QI Access DBs, etc.
- Obtain and review data quality reports or error logs for supplemental data sources to ensure data integrity and minimize data loss
- Perform and present results of quantitative and qualitative analyses as needed to inform operational/overall business processes
- Contribute to the organization’s overall data analytics strategies by participating in data stewardship and or data governance workgroups
- Support the development of a data quality and assurance process in collaboration with other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Business or related field. Three (3) to Five (5) years of health care data and/or statistical analysis experience required. Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience with quality measure sets governed by various data stewards such as NCQA and CMS.
Knowledge of: Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint Database applications, electronic health records, analytical software such as SAS, data aggregation software, Population health management platforms and best practices. Healthcare, managed care terminology, Medi-Cal or Medicare Advantage preferred. Advanced quantitative analysis skills, including statistics and use of analytical tools with financial and operations data. Relational databases, dashboards, reports, operational and healthcare data reporting. Data mining via data warehouses and querying multiple data sources.
Ability to: Work cooperatively with others. Work as part of a team and support team decisions. Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Adapt to changes in requirements/priorities for daily and specialized tasks. Analyze performance and operational data to arrive at actionable results and comprehend business needs and document requirements. Document processes and analyses for reference/re-use. Present data in a clear and understandable manner. Possess strong written and oral communication skills. Articulate technical concepts with both technical and non-technical staff. Demonstrate excellent analytical skills to rationally resolve simple and/or complex problems. Good organization skills to work on multiple assignments simultaneously, prioritize work, and complete projects within established timeframes.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting Compensation Range: - Depending on Experience
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums (5%) for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid life, AD&D, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (HPSM contributes equivalent of 10% of annual compensation); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; onsite fitness center and more.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: email@example.com or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. The Health Plan of San Mateo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minority candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Submissions without a Cover Letter and Salary Expectations may not be considered.