Physician - Adult Primary Care - Lynnwood, Lynnwood, WA
Physician - Adult Primary Care - Lynnwood
Physician | Fulltime - Regular | Lynnwood, WA, US | 40 hours per week
Job Number: 190824
Department: VM Lynnwood - Adult Primary Care
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Physician - Adult Primary Care – Lynnwood
Virginia Mason is fulfilling our vision of transforming healthcare by expanding our collaborative primary care team. We have an opportunity for a .6 – 1.0 FTE adult primary care physician at our regional medical center in desirable Lynnwood, Washington. Join an innovative multidisciplinary team whose members appreciate work/life balance, their team and the patients they serve.
Our providers say they come to Virginia Mason for the reputation of high quality care and they stay for the teamwork and relentless focus on patient experience and outcomes.
Aspects of the adult primary care physician role:
- Team based approach. Each provider is part of a subset or pod of the larger adult primary care team. Each pod has 2-3 physicians, 1 ARNP or PA, 1 RN and 1 to 1 MA support. The ARNP or PA helps support messages and indirect care and there is built in coverage when the provider is out of the office. Pods are able to adapt and make changes quickly that fit their team needs.
- Integrative primary care model. Virginia Mason and Lynnwood have an innovative approach, with imbedded pharmacists, social workers and psychiatry providers all part of the primary care team and partnering to provide the best care to patients. In primary care, we provide focused, coordinated care for our patients that have resulted in excellent health outcomes. Social workers are available to help address social/emotional/behavioral/environment needs and to provide and coordinate care.
- Flexible schedule options. We partner with you to develop a schedule that accommodates your individual needs as much as possible.
- Access to ancillary and specialty services: Referral options to over 25 medical specialties at the Lynnwood Medical Center, including an ambulatory surgery center. A full array of radiology, lab, testing and scheduling services are offered on-site.
- Teaching opportunities: Virginia Mason Lynnwood is a teaching environment with regular opportunities to precept medical students and residents. It is also a conducive environment for providers new to practice.
- Learning opportunities: The Lynnwood adult primary care team has a teaching culture and is a conducive environment for providers newly out of residency or new to adult medicine practice. A formal mentorship program is in place to help guide new providers to Virginia Mason and support them for long term success.
- Innovative approaches: The Lynnwood and Virginia Mason culture allows and promotes new approaches, best practice standards and continual improvement for both the patient and team member experience.
- A competitive compensation model that incentives quality.
Work with a committed and caring team of physicians, allied health providers, nurses, medical assistants and clinical support team members, all of whom are committed to the Virginia Mason mission of improving the health and wellbeing of our patients. We are proud of our strong quality outcomes, our focus on continuous improvement, our innovative care delivery models and our ability to have fun while at work. We recognize the team member and patient experience is intertwined and prioritize the engagement of our staff, providers and patients. We are actively growing and expanding our practice to meet the needs of our patient population and are eager to have other skilled and like-minded individuals join our team!
- Internal medicine or family practice experience (Lynnwood Medical Center primary care serves ages 16+).
- Ability to obtain a medical professional license in the State of WA.
- Ability to obtain a DEA with full prescriptive authority needed for specific practice.
- Committed to safety, quality of care and thrive in an environment of continuous but logical and thoughtful change.
Virginia Mason is known for innovations in patient care, with many accolades in the recent years including Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group &Top 100 Hospitals.
The bustling city of Lynnwood is located 16 miles north of downtown Seattle in the heart of Snohomish County. The town of approximately 34,000 is a dynamic place to live, work and play and has a skillful blend of residential, retail and business space. There are more than 300 acres of parks and open space and the city’s historic Interurban Trail provides miles of paved surfaces for biking, walking and jogging. Scriber Lake Park, a 20-acre bird sanctuary, is located in the heart of Lynnwood’s commercial district. Families like Lynnwood’s reasonable real estate prices, quality schools, pleasant neighborhoods and rich cultural activities. Commute options are numerous, including 2 park and ride locations within 1.5 miles of the medical center, one of which will include the future Sound Transit Link Light Rail Station.
Each Person. Every Moment. Better Never Stops.”
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.