Registered Nurse, Critical Care Transport, Laguna Hills, CA
CCT Nurse in Laguna Hills, CA
Reports To: Nurse Manager
We are seeking a compassionate and professional Registered Nurse looking for a new opportunity of delivering patient care.
The Critical Care Transport Registered Nurse performs basic life support, advance life support and critical care nursing. The CCT Transport Nurse provides direct patient care to the ill and injured during the transport and the local EMS transport and treatment protocols. The CCT Transport Nurse functions under standing orders of the physician or the medical director. The CCT Transport Nurse performs assessments, treats, and monitors patients during inter-facility transports.
REGISTERED NURSE ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to patient care and/or critical care transport unit calls according to program protocols.
- Provides high quality routine and emergency nursing care of the patient in the transport environment in accordance with established CCT program policies, protocols, standards of care, standing orders, and under the medical control of the sending physician.
- Provides patient care within the Registered Nurse scope of practice as defined by the Board of Registered Nursing and per CCT standardized procedure, utilizing critical thinking skills to manage the critically ill or injured adult or pediatric patient.
- Performs a complete assessment on each transport patient.
- Documents all assessment findings, therapeutic interventions performed and patient responses on the CCT Patient Care Record.
- Notes all physicians’ transport orders.
- Acts as a member of the Critical Care Transport Team by assisting the EMT's in the transfer of the patient from bed to gurney and back.
- The CCT RN is responsible for the care of the patient including any emergency procedures the patient may require while under their care. These procedures may include but are not limited to CPR and oral endotracheal intubation.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- The CCT RN, along with the crew, is responsible for changing oxygen and air tanks that have less than 500psi gas remaining or for making sure they are changed.
- Completes daily/regularly scheduled transport unit equipment checks.
- Maintains equipment in working order and ensures transport vehicles are kept clean and fully stocked.
- Accurately completes supply, billing and data collection forms as required.
- Participates in CCT Program Quality Improvement activities.
- Maintains an adequate knowledge of and complies with all company policies and procedures, codes of safe practice, and Critical Care Transport policies and protocols.
- Maintains personal knowledge of current critical care nursing practice.
- Maintains personal knowledge of current EMT and EMT-P scope of practice in California and the applicable county in which the CCT team operates.
- Completes documentation on Controlled Substances per CCT policy.
- Participates in continuing education and training activities for EMT's in activities specific to their practice in the CCT division.
- Participates in company-wide programs such as Safety and Risk Management and Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with all external and internal customers, including patients and their families, hospital staff, the community, EMT's, ALS/BLS Operations personnel and CCT administration.
- Attends and participates in all required staff meetings and annual training.
- Completes CCT transport documentation per program policy.
- Maintains all required licensure and certifications in accordance with company policy.
- Represents the CCT program and AMR in a professional manner.
REGISTERED NURSE NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REGISTERED NURSE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Current registration as an RN/EMS
- Minimum two years nursing experience with at least 2 years in critical care and/or Emergency Room setting.
- Current ACLS, PALS, BLS C (or - equivalent) provider status
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- PHTLS Certification desired
- Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment is made)
- ICS courses, please refer to link http://training.fema.gov/IS/NIMS.asp.
- IS-100B (ICS 100)
- IS-200B (ICS 200)
- IS-700A (NIMS)
- IS-800B (NIMS)
REGISTERED NURSE PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current critical care inter-facility transfer experience; CEN, CCRN, TNCC or ENC Certification; BTLS/PHTLS
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Provider), it can be acquired within first 6 months of hire.