Executive Director Neuroscience, Park Ridge, IL
Executive Director Neuroscience
Req #: 116055
Facility: Lutheran General Hospital
City: Park Ridge
Posting Budget Status: Day
Shift Type: Full Time - Permanent
Posting FTE: 1
- Masters in administration, business, or healthcare related field.
- 5-7 years progressive management experience
- Demonstrated leadership of multiple departments which represent a broad portfolio of responsibility. Financial analysis and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective communication and team-building skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to develop and lead multidisciplinary teams to achieve outcomes in a changing environment.
- Business development and strategic planning skills.
- Mentoring/coaching skills
- Resiliency and flexibility to deal with a changing environment
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and in difficult situations
- Demonstrated ability to plan for and grow clinical programs
- Ability to work in teams across division lines
- Works within and supports a shared governance model
- Customer focused
- Ability to handle crisis situations
- Ability to meet with physicians and patients in a clinical setting
- Knowledgeable about work requirements in a clinical setting
The Executive Director of Neurosciences at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital will establish a nationally recognized neuroscience center of excellence. This position provides strategic leadership and management by planning, organizing/ directing services and programs, strategic planning, recommending resource allocations, and business development relative to neuroscience services. The executive director ensures assigned departments, product lines, and projects achieve organizational objectives, targeted financial results, and top-decile outcomes. Leads strategic growth initiatives for new and existing services, promotes and markets services, increases market share, manages finances, directs operations and develops and strengthens physician relationships. Also, leads and directs clinical practice within the service line ensuring high quality patient care, interdisciplinary collaboration, physician integration, customer engagement and team member engagement. The Executive Director is responsible for strategically aligning the activities of neuroscience related departments with Advocate Lutheran General and Advocate Aurora Health's long-term strategy. Coordinates the service line's activities and services in collaboration with other clinical units and service lines. Ensures that the service line and all neuroscience services operate within the established policies, procedures of Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Advocate Aurora Health, and in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Responsible for professional and personal growth of oneself and to promote the development of leadership skills of direct reports and team members working within areas of responsibility.
- In conjunction with the hospital executive leadership, acts as administrative liaison between department management, medical staff, and external contacts to promote positive working relationships and to meet service line objectives for neurosciences.
- Establish a regionally recognized center of excellence for Neurosciences at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the neuroscience service line at ALGH in coordinator with the strategy of Advocate Aurora Health
- Direction and oversight of resources including: capital, expense budgets, FTEs, space, and time to effectively meet hospital and system goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for Neurosciences in concert with the strategies of Advocate Aurora Health and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital