Clinical Documentation Director, Indianapolis, IN
Clinical Documentation Director
We Are Hiring
Director-Clinical Documentation - Revenue Cycle Mgmt 009 - Full-Time Days - Indianapolis-250 W 96th Street - Indianapolis, IN
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to directs the development and implementation of procedures and strategies that support the system-wide initiatives of the Clinical Documentation department.
- Directs standard clinical documentation.
- Collaborates with hospital leaders and external vendors to ensure accurate and timely clinical documentation in the medical record in order to attain appropriate Diagnosis Related Groups.
- Establishes, manages, and evaluates system staffing levels, assignments, skills, learning needs, and deployment of staff.
- Develops departmental goals and objectives consistent with medical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements of the health care delivery system.
- Creates and maintains system-wide documentation consistency and remains in compliance with governmental and other regulatory guidelines.
What You Will Need
One or more of the following:
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credentialed from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Clinical Documentation Prof. credentialed from the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Reg Health Info Admnstr credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Reg Health Info Tech credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.