Associate Director of Nursing, Davis, CA
JOB TITLE: Associate Director of Nursing
REPORTS TO: Chief Medical Officer
FLSP STATUS: EXEMPT
OVERVIEW: The Associate Director of Nursing works with the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO) to provide leadership and oversight of nursing services and support for Clinicians in the provision of quality patient care. CommuniCare Health Centers is a Federally Qualified Health Center providing comprehensive patient-centered primary care services including medical, dental, substance abuse treatment, behavioral health and outreach services to the low income, multi-ethnic, uninsured and underinsured in the communities we serve.
HOURS/SITE: 40 hours per week at CommuniCare Health Centers administrative offices in Davis. Travel to other sites and some evening hours required.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to business necessity, reasonable accommodation or some other reason.
- Provides oversight and leadership for quality clinic operations. Assists with clinic management as needed including filling in for Clinic Managers. Supervises nurses.
- Maintains responsibility for training and clinical oversight of all health services performed by nurses and non-clinician primary care personnel. Assesses and monitors clinical nursing practice for optimal patient care.
- Works with primary care clinicians, clinic staff, and case managers to coordinate patient case management systems for high-risk patients.
- Supervises Case Managers, case management services and chronic disease management services in primary care.
- With CMO, maintains responsibility for implementing best practices at all clinic sites and standardizing procedures when possible. Assists CMO with standardization and implementation of procedures with providers.
- Works with CMO to develop and implement policies, protocols, and procedures in areas such as: patient care services, nursing, pharmacy dispensary services, clinical services, staff/volunteer training and competency evaluations.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing employees, and monitors their practices and implementation.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of nursing personnel and all other management tasks and responsibilities.
- Establishes, implements, and monitors: infection control program (including TB infection control); sharps management program; and blood born pathogen program – all designed to provide safe, sanitary, and comfortable environments and to prevent the development and transmission of disease and infection.
- Prepares or reviews infection control surveillance reports in the areas above (#9) to identify trends and to develop effective actions to control and prevent infections
- Oversees and performs all functions associated with management and oversight of the in-house pharmacy dispensary operating under licensure from the California Board of Pharmacy.
- Participates in the agency-wide Safety Committee.
- Support agency compensation philosophy; with Human Resources’ assistance and data as needed, hold effective compensation conversations with employees in a manner that demonstrates understanding and alignment with CommuniCare’s compensation philosophy.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Completion of registered nursing degree. Current RN license required.
Experience: At least three years of administrative and supervisory experience working in a medical office, outpatient clinic, or hospital setting strongly preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of local health care delivery system. Demonstrated ability to assume responsibility, to work independently and to work well on a team. Demonstrated commitment to high quality health care for low income populations. Previous experience working with continuous quality improvement processes preferred.
Special Skills/Equipment: Requires experience using electronic health records (EHR) and intermediate to advanced EHR skills; current CPR certification; effective oral and written communication skills required; intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications: Excel/Access, Word, and Outlook.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: *The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires a moderate to high level of mobility, dexterity, and flexibility in order to perform essential functions. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, and to lift 25 lbs. Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Work is performed in a typical office/clinic environment with moderate equipment noise. Regular travel to all agency sites required.
Compensation depends upon experience.
Medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, flex spending account, retirement with match, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, and continuing education provided.
CommuniCare Health Centers, Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 1260, Davis, CA 95617
CommuniCare Health Centers requires pre-employment drug testing and background check