Executive Director, McCleary, WA
The Washington Rural Health Collaborative (WRHC) is seeking an innovative, experienced individual to lead the organization. It is anticipated that the successful incumbent will have strong management/leadership skills to assist the organization in achieving its mission and strategic vision for the future and the ability to engage community partnerships.
The Washington Rural Health Collaborative (WRHC) exists to support its member rural public hospitals and to advance the initiatives that enhance the healthcare delivery systems within the communities they serve. The Board of Directors is comprised of the Chief Executive Officers of each member hospital. WRHC has five employees working in McCleary, Washington and an annual budget of 1 million.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the WRHC according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. This position is responsible for overall operations of WRHC as well as the development, implementation, and management of the organization’s business services, projects and vendor relationships. These collaborative services have been developed to enhance access and the quality of health care within the member collaborative. In this role, the Executive Director will hire and manage staff; assist in the coordination of annual retreats; implement all initiatives selected by WRHC; and lead the identification and development of new opportunities for the collaborative, including new member recruitment.
For full job description and materials, please visit our website.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Health Management or other relevant study. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in progressively responsible leadership positions, preferably in the health care industry.
- Financial management experience, including budget development and oversight.
- Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities to successfully perform the job functions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of theories, principles, techniques, and practices of carrying out complex multi- and cross-sector planning in the health, human services and or community development fields and managing groups with multiple perspectives and interests.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to quickly learn other software applications. Knowledge and comfort with collaborative online tools such as GoToMeeting and Google docs.
- Demonstrated facilitation, negotiation, consensus-building, and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills; ability to present complicated issues to diverse audiences.
- Ability to supervise, direct, coach, develop, and motivate others toward a common vision and goal.
- Ability to think conceptually about overall organization mission, goals and objectives and develop strategies for problem-solving and program innovation. Recognizes patterns and trends with implications for members and the organization.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of organizations and individuals.
Licensing & Special Requirements:
- Washington State Driver’s license and proof of insurance required by time of hire.
- Incumbent may be subject to a background check.
Application materials may be obtained by visiting http://wwrhcc.org/contact-us/careers/. First consideration given to applications received by July 12, 2019. Position open until filled.