Psychiatrist, Santa Rosa, CA
1 Full-time Psychiatrist
Job Summary: Under general direction of the Chief of Psychiatry, the Psychiatrist is responsible for providing psychiatric evaluation and management to patients referred from Primary Care physicians at Santa Rosa Community Health (SRCH) clinics, from the Sonoma County Department of Mental Health Services and providing consultative support to the Primary Care physicians at SRCH.
Specific Tasks/Duties Include:
- Perform psychiatric assessment and management in person or via video-teleconferencing using evidence-based principles of psychopharmacology and psychotherapy for SRCH patients.
- Provide psychiatric consultation to primary care physicians and other mental/behavioral health staff in person or via electronic media applications.
- Actively supports organization priorities of patient care, quality, education and sustainability.
- Provides patient centered service and supports a positive work environment.
- Provides for the patient’s health care needs and when needed arranges care with other qualified professionals.
- Assures quality and safety by adhering to Primary Care Medical Home principles, including teamwork, evidence-based medicine, CQI, and active participation of patients in decision-making.
- Provides timely follow-up on patients seen including chart notations, lab review, and referrals to specialists including providing after hours coverage as required by site.
- Participates in Provider meetings, QA meetings, and other professional activities as requested by the Medical Director.
- Meets regularly with their respective Medical Director(s) and Chief of Psychiatry to review patient care issues and provides input into the development of treatment guidelines and protocols.
- Provide on-site day to day clinical supervision and back up of Family Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.
- Participate in ongoing training.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Active California License and good standing with the Medical Board of California.
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in psychiatry with American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- Experience working in community health systems.
- Experience working with full spectrum of psychiatric diagnoses and levels of severity.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated proficiency with all tasks on the most current Psychiatrist competency list.
- Current CPR certification.
- Demonstrates knowledge of compliance issues within the community clinic environment.
- Demonstrates a willingness to report any incident that is unusual or incompatible with accepted clinic procedures.
- Always, maintains confidentiality of patients by complying with HIPAA policies.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to be sensitive with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize projects, work relatively independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
While performing the duties of this job, this position is frequently required to do the following:
- Use standard office equipment and access, input, and retrieve information from a computer. Use computer keyboard with manual and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform repetitive actions efficiently for extended periods of time.
- Communicate effectively in person, video-teleconferencing and/or telephone in a manner which can be understood by those with whom the person is speaking, including a diverse population.
- Give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Perform complex mental functions and basic arithmetic functions; interpret complex laws, regulations, and policies; collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
- Vision: see details of objects at close range.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Reach forward, up, down, and to the side.
- Sit or stand for minimum periods of one hour at a time and come and go from the work area repeatedly throughout the day.
- Lift up to 20 pounds.
- Travel to other office and community locations.