Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) / Medical Technologist (MT), Ellensburg, WA
Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) / Medical Technologist (MT) - Full Time
KVH is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes 24-hour emergency care, inpatient, and outpatient hospital services through KVH Hospital. Clinics and services provided include family medicine, internal medicine, a geriatric nurse practitioner program, home health and hospice, physical therapy, orthopedics, general surgery, pediatrics, women’s health, and urgent care.
Kittitas Valley Healthcare expects all employees to uphold our Vision & Mission. The KVH Vision, Mission & Guiding Principles can be found at http://www.kvhealthcare.org/mission-and-vision.
Performs all aspects of Laboratory Testing, in include; specimen collections, scheduling, sample processing, analytical testing and equipment maintenance. Processing of test requests for all outpatient & inpatient services. Performs Point of Care, waived, moderate, and high complexity testing.
What is required...
- MA-P or MA-C license from the Washington State Department of Health within 6 months of hire (maintenance required)
- Completion of an approved 4 year MT/MLS program with MT/MLS certification obtained within six months of hire OR completion of all science credits that meet the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) for moderate and high complexity testing with on the job training and MT/MLS certification.
- Completion of an approved 2 year MLT program with MLT certification obtained within six months of hire OR completion of all science credits that meet the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) for moderate and high complexity testing with on the job training and MLT certification
- Current CPR card (maintenance required)
What is preferred...
- Previous experience in a high complexity testing environment
- MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP) or MLT(ASCP) Certification or equivalent at the time of hire
Wage: Wage range for MLT starts at $21.84/hour; wage range for MT starts at $26.78/hour. Actual starting wage will depend on years' of applicable experience.
FTE: 1.0 = 40 hours/week
Benefits: This position is benefits eligible.