Optometrist, Connell, WA
Oversees the patient's diagnosis, treatment and prevention of vision problems and eye diseases within the scope of his/her licensure.
At Columbia Basin Health Association (CBHA) we never have to wonder whether the work we do is worthwhile. Each day we see victories and successes, big and small, in the lives of people who count on us.
Partner with CBHA for a rewarding career. Your dream to promote health and wellness, work with passionate people, and feel accomplished for doing important work while earning a reasonable paycheck is possible with us. Be a part of a healthcare movement as you grow your career. The size and culture of the organization provides an opportunity to work closely with leadership, lead initiatives and see the results of your hard work. Your ability to make an impact is limited only by your passion and creativity.
- Responsible to examine eyes, using observation, instruments and pharmaceutical agents, to determine visual acuity and perception, focus and coordination and to diagnose diseases and other abnormalities.
- Responsible to practice at the full scope of their licensure and prescribes medications to treat eye diseases as state law permits.
- Responsible to prescribe, supply, fit and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses and other vision aids.
- Responsible to analyze test results and develop treatment plans.
- Responsible to educate and counsel patients on contact lens care, visual hygiene, lighting arrangements and safety factors.
- Responsible to remove foreign bodies from the eye.
- Responsible to order and interpret special-testing data for patients.
- Responsible to observe and train staff regarding appropriate work-up procedures.
- Responsible to consult with and refer patients to Ophthalmologist or other health care practitioner, if additional medical treatment is determined necessary.
- Responsible to provide patients undergoing eye surgeries, such as cataract and laser vision correction, with pre- and post-operative care.
- Responsible to prescribe therapeutic procedures to correct or preserve vision.
- Responsible to promote a positive work culture and upholds clinic policies and procedures, including the WE CARE standards of Behavior.
- Responsible to uphold confidentiality at all times in regards to CBHA activities, reports, financials, patient health information and other proprietary information specific to CBHA.
- Responsible to serve as a clinical lead in absence of Director of Eye Care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promotes a positive work culture and upholds clinic policies and procedures, including the WE CARE standards of Behavior.
- Must uphold confidentiality at all times in regards to CBHA activities, reports, financials, patient health information and other proprietary information specific to CBHA.
Professional and Technical Knowledge:
- Maintain authoritative skill and knowledge in the principles of sound medical practice.
- Be familiar with the scope of practice and be knowledgeable of the regulatory authority governing the practice of Opticians and Ophthalmic Technicians.
- Be attuned to the unique needs of the indigent and underserved with practice emphasis on rural medicine needs.
- Degree in optometry from an accredited school of optometry, and is licensed to practice in the state of Washington.
- Possesses unrestricted license from the State of Washington to practice optometry.