Manager, Population Health Analytics, New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA
Manager, Population Health Analytics
The Manager of Population Health Analytics is responsible for working closely across firm leadership to meet the population health analytic and financial modeling needs of our clients, current and prospective.
- Provide oversight on processes to generate quantitative analyses and financial models analyzing the drivers of health care trends
- Manage client deliverables from scope development to output generation, with responsibility of informing the firm’s leadership of issues affecting timeline and outputs
- Manage validation and documentation processes for team’s work outputs to ensure reliability of models and reproducibility of results
- Engage with account leads and clients to develop project plans to generate required quantitative analyses and to establish timelines for client deliverables
- Manage the internal review process for developing analytical outputs for distribution before they reach the client in collaboration with account leads
- Provide insight into relevant performance based on model output, including meaningful guidance on translating trends and key developments into strategies
- Influence the firm’s and our client’s leadership teams to adopt new analytical approaches
- Graduate degree with a quantitative, healthcare, business or technical focus preferred, bachelor’s degree and applicable experience will also be considered
- 3+ years of professional experience performing analytics role at a health plan, technical vendor consulting firm or hospital system
- Proficiency preferred
- Proficiency in at least one of the various statistical programming language
- Familiarity of data visualization and Business Intelligence platforms (e.g., Tableau, Cognos, Qlikview, MSTR)
- Demonstrated ability to interface internally and externally to explain assumptions and quantitative methods embedded or leveraged in models
- Exceptional ability to effectively communicate with technical and business colleagues and make complex ideas understood
- Awareness of population health analytics and health care data, payment methodology, Medicare and Medicaid value-based care arrangements and dual-risk and capitation models
- Experience in developing financial reports documenting model assumptions, limitations and feasibility for internal and external consumptions at the executive level
- Ability to facilitate strategic discussions around areas of expertise with diverse stakeholders (executives, physicians and analysts) regarding data management, population health analytics and infrastructure
- Ability to travel up to 40% travel
As a firm passionate about health care, we’re deeply committed to the health and wellness of our own team members. We offer comprehensive, affordable insurance plans for our team and their families, and a host of other unique benefits, such as a yearly stipend for wellness-related activities, gym reimbursements and a paid parental leave program. You can learn more about our benefits offerings here: https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/why-cope-health-solutions/.
What We Do:
COPE Health Solutions is a national mission-driven consulting firm that partners with health system and payor clients and provides them with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the health care industry. We are passionate about health care, with roots as a non-profit organization dedicated to providing health education to the underprivileged and underinsured. Today, we are the partner of choice for providers and payors across the United States who are committed to success in the new value-based payment environment. We also develop the diverse talent needed to fill future health care roles.
The Analytics for Risk Contracting (ARC) Suite provides a powerful array of analytic and reporting tools designed to achieve optimal value and performance for organizations currently in or planning to move to risk-based arrangements. Leveraging our extensive, hands-on expertise in helping IPAs, ACOs and health systems achieve successful outcomes in risk contracts, our team of managed care experts draw insights from the analytic outputs that are tailored to each organization’s unique circumstances to interpret the data and recommend initiatives to help improve total cost and quality.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at https://copehealthsolutions.com/careers/open-positions/