Director of Accountable Care Operations, Mount Vernon, WA
Skagit Regional Health, the umbrella name for Skagit Valley Hospital and Cascade Valley Hospital and Clinics, is a health care leader in Northwest Washington, providing advanced, quality and comprehensive services to the people of our communities.
We are currently in search of a Director of Accountable Care Operations to provides leadership and management for a broad range of Value Based (VB) initiatives and programs within Skagit Regional Health (SRH). Initially, the primary function of this role will be to ensure successful standup of SRH’s Medicare ACO, Cascadia Care Network (CCN), including program design, build and integration initiatives. The activities developed for CCN success will be leveraged and applied to other VB opportunities within the organization.
If you are looking to advance your career in growing hospital, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What you will do:
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical priorities as well as the operational and financial plans for the ACO and other organizational Value Based initiatives.
- Responsible for developing and supporting a sound infrastructure as well as policies and procedures consistent with these objectives.
- Partner with clinical leadership, will identify opportunities for the organization to improve patient health outcomes, increase revenue, and reduce expense while operating in full compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Develop an effective and efficient team of analysts and care coordinators and oversee day to day operations of the department.
- Evaluating opportunities and performance of the department.
- Oversee daily operations and ensures execution of initiatives to support the Triple Aim while aligning with the goals and contractual obligations of SRH.
- Provides oversight and leadership for staff and develops policies, procedures and work flow that support execution of program goals. Responsible for developing a communications strategy for clinicians and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with leadership, providers, clinical operations, finance, information services, compliance, and clinical operations to ensure program goals as well as regulatory and contractual obligations are met.
Our Ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, healthcare management, public health or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years’ managerial experience in a Health Care environment
- Leadership in a VBP environment strongly preferred (i.e. ACO, IPA, ACN, CIN).
- Experience with contracts containing significant quality performance incentives and total cost of care provisions is strongly desired.
- Experience managing complex, large-scale projects encompassing multiple entities and legal structures, establishing detailed work plans and setting priorities.
- Must have an excellent understanding of Medical Group Operations, Population Health Management, as well as provider and facility healthcare reimbursement and third party and government payer regulations including provider based billing.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Complex Care Management methods, Quality Improvement measures and indicators, Population Health Analytics, appropriate Risk Coding optimization and Health Registry development.
- Previous continuous quality improvement, project management and team training desired.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project strongly preferred.
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal) to deal effectively with delicate, sensitive and/or complex situations with a wide variety of both internal and external parties.
- Must be proactive, highly organized, detail oriented and able to respond in an accurate and timely manner to requests.
- Needs to have strong analytical/problem solving skills to assess complex problems/data sets quickly and develop multiple scenarios for solution.
- Must have a proven history of working effectively under time constraints while managing multiple projects simultaneously. Is a quick learner with dedication to the subject matter and desires to keep abreast in a rapidly changing environment.
Send resume and salary requirements to Lindsay Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org