Nurse Manager, Labor and Deliver, Seattle, WA
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Nurse Manager (1.0 FTE, Days) for the Labor and Delivery at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for the overall management and leadership of a unit or a group of patient care units within Nursing Services. The manager is responsible for all clinical and operational activities of the units in accordance with Swedish Medical Center’s mission, vision, and values.
In this position you will:
- Facilitate group process, develop and prioritize goals and manage objectives
- Lead performance improvement projects and problem solves
- Collaborate, communicate, negotiate and interact with individuals and groups of diverse size and composition
- Prepare annual budgets, develop spreadsheets, monitor and analyze financial information and implement operational changes to meet budget targets
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Baccalaureate degree (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing or must actively pursue and attain a BSN within six years of hire
- Current License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS Certification
- At least three years of recent experience in related clinical area of nursing with demonstrated clinical knowledge and leadership qualities
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local requirements and regulations regarding hospitals and patient care
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Masters degree in nursing or related field
- Minimum of one year first line management experience
About the First Hill Campus
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our nonprofit Mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of each person we serve. Our Vision is to demonstrate the highest-quality, best-value healthcare to all we serve.
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 118 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Puget Sound. Swedish employs more than 13,300 employees and 3,100 physicians and allied health professionals. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we’re committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
When applying online, please reference job number 230598.
Swedish is an Equal Opportunity Employer.