Chief Administrative Officer, Chehalis, WA
Valley View Health Center is a non-profit, federally qualified health center (FQHC) committed to providing quality integrated medical, dental, behavioral health, and pharmacy services to families and individuals of all ages, regardless of the ability to pay. We currently have 13 locations, serving patients in three counties (Lewis County, Pacific County and Thurston County, WA). Valley View Health Center is one of the fastest growing Community Health Centers located in the southwest corner of Washington State. Chehalis, where the VVHC headquarters is located, is in the heart of Lewis County.
Chief Administrative Officer
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) contributes to the successful achievement of the organization’s mission and strategic initiatives by providing leadership, oversight, evaluation and direction for the general administrative services, activities and programs of the organization through planning, organizing and directing the various departmental functions. The CAO serves as a member of the senior management team. This position provides management and supervision to designated staff. The CAO is responsible for the activities and programs of the departments within areas of responsibility: Information Technology, Quality, Marketing, Grants, Compliance, Emergency Preparedness, Facilities, Security and Risk Management and coordinate contracted ancillary services (lab and imaging). The CAO will serve as the Compliance Officer and is responsible for the direction and oversight of activities related to organization-wide HIPAA privacy and security and overall compliance.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business or related field or in lieu of degree, a combination of equivalent education and work experience required. Master’s degree in Business (MBA), Health Administration (MHA) or related field preferred.
- Senior/director level management experience (7 years).
- Supervisory experience over mid-level/department managers (5 years).
- Experience working with the strategic planning process.
- Familiarity with community health centers, medical/dental clinics or practices, or other healthcare settings.
- Broad business operations experience (5 years).
- Project management and leadership experience (3 years).
- Corporate compliance and HIPAA privacy/security experience (3 years).
- Familiarity with federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), rural health clinics (RHCs) or Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs).
- Working in a not-for-profit organization.
- Working with low income, multi-ethnic populations.
- Experience with Lean and project management practices.
- Communications experience, including Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations management.
- Familiarity with information technology services.
- Familiarity with state and federal grant funding and general processes of grant funding and management.
- Familiarity with emergency preparedness, safety and health principles.
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of facility management services.
- Familiarity with facility security services.
- Familiarity with healthcare quality program administration and payor contracting.
- Familiarity with enterprise and healthcare risk management services.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com