RN Practice Manager, Whatcom Family Medicine, Bellingham, WA
RN Practice Manager, Whatcom Family Medicine
City: Bellingham, WA
Position: Full time - exempt (salary)
Company Information: As an independent, locally owned, physician-run network of family medicine doctors, we are passionate about our community's well-being. We take the time to build strong, long-term relationships with our patients and our employees. We have 12 locations in Whatcom and Skagit County, in a beautiful corner of northwest Washington where the mountains meet the sea. We offer an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and a 401K. Family Care Network offers an innovative and rewarding work environment, with a strong patient focus and fulfilling mission.
Essential Functions: The RN Practice Manager (PM) is responsible for the business and clinical operations and management of the physician practice and for supporting staff in providing the best quality patient care in accordance with company policies and procedures. This position also is responsible for providing quality patient care within appropriate scope of practice, Partners with company administration to develop and implement business plans. The position reports to the Director of Operations and collaborates closely with management to develop and implement business plans to achieve near- and long-term corporate goals.
We are looking for a qualified, motivated individual with a passion for family medicine who will fulfill the following:
- Assures the smooth business and clinical operations of the clinic
- Performs the clinical skills set of the RN role per FCN standards and acts as mentor, preceptor or trainer as needed for staff to achieve competency.
- Utilizes effective leadership and Human Resource skills
- Supervises all aspects of site personnel management including recruitment and selection, orientation and training, performance evaluation and disciplinary action
- Supervise payroll administration
- Develops office and clinical staff through coaching, cross training, and participation in internal / external education opportunities to improve or enhance job skills
- Completes staff performance evaluations
- Models and maintains positive working environment promoting FCN vision and values
- Coordinates physician and midlevel recruitment activities with Human Resources
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effectively manage personal and professional stress.
- Establishing excellent employee relations, including conflict resolution.
- Solve problems, issues and concerns in a professional manner.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency working with MS Word, Excel, email and Databases and spreadsheets.
- Comprehend and communicate information accurately and clearly (verbally and in writing, in person and via phone) with patients, all levels of personnel, and other individuals and groups.
- Comprehend and communicate information accurately and clearly (verbally, in writing, in person and via phone) with physicians, management and staff.
- Work as part of a team that shares and leverages the strengths of its members; model a positive work ethic and customer friendly relations.
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years medical operations including at least 1-3 years of management experience.
- Appropriate and current State license/certification, current CPR certification
- Degree in business management or related field.
- A combination of experience and education may be acceptable.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger coordination, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and listen attentively. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Immunization Requirements: All FCN employees must adhere to the company immunization policy. Immunizations required: influenza, Tdap, MMR, varicella or a verified history of chicken pox disease, PPD and any additional immunizations determined necessary for the protection of staff and patients. Family Care Network will cover the cost of required immunizations for Family Care Network employees; immunizations will be administered by FCN staff. Hepatitis B is strongly recommended.
Family Care Network is a Drug-Free, Equal Opportunity Employer.