Careadvantage Navigator (Medicare Customer Support Rep) (Russian, Chinese, and Spanish Speaking Required), South San Francisco, CA
CAREADVANTAGE NAVIGATOR (Medicare Customer Support Rep)
(***RUSSIAN, CHINESE, AND SPANISH SPEAKING REQUIRED***)
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time CareAdvantage Navigator to act as the primary point of contact for members of CareAdvantage D-SNP and CareAdvantage CMC, and assist members with all aspects of plan benefits. The essential duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide customer service to CareAdvantage members primarily on the phone.
- Answer member questions about CareAdvantage health and prescription drug benefits, eligibility, and provider network.
- Make New Member Welcome Calls.
- Resolve problems that members have accessing CareAdvantage-covered services, including but not limited to health care services and prescription medications.
- Ensure that assigned members retain CareAdvantage enrollment by investigating and contacting members and partnering agencies.
- Clearly document any member complaints, including grievances and appeals.
- Follow through with proactive solutions to resolve member issues.
- Prepare and submit requests for services made directly by a member to HPSM Health Services.
- Prepare and submit member requests for continuity of care with non-contracted providers to Provider Services Department.
- Refer members to appropriate community partner agencies depending on specific circumstances including but not limited to: Behavioral Health and Recovery Services, Aging and Adult Services, Legal Aid and/or HICAP when appropriate.
- Relay pertinent health information to HPSM clinical staff to facilitate care coordination and/or receipt of medical services including prescriptions.
- Participate in and professionally represent HPSM at health fairs, community partnerships, meetings, committees and coalitions as requested by the Manager or Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Equivalent to a high school diploma or GED required. Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience performing customer service preferably in a health plan environment. Previous experience working with seniors or persons with disabilities and/ in a medically related field such as medical assisting.
Knowledge of: Health insurance programs preferred. Customer service principles and practices. Personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Ability to: Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills with various audiences and individuals of diverse backgrounds. Perform problem research, use analytical skills, and effectively influence positive outcomes. Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with a diverse range of people. Utilize a personal computer, including the range of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook).
Compensation & Benefits
Starting Compensation Range: Depends on experience.
Other: ***Fluency in Russian, Chinese, or Spanish is required for this position.***
Work Hours for this position: 11:30am – 8:00pm, 8:30am – 5:30, or 9:00am – 6:00pm
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums (5%) for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid life, AD&D, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (HPSM contributes equivalent of 10% of annual compensation); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; onsite fitness center and more.
How To Apply
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. EOE
Submissions without a Cover Letter and salary expectations may not be considered.