Emergency Dept Clinical Nurse Educator, Kirkland, WA
EvergreenHealth is seeking an experienced Clinical Nurse Educator to join the Emergency Department team.
This Clinical Nurse Educator assumes responsibility for staff orientation, competency assessment, and professional development of the organization’s clinical staff on the assigned unit/department. The Clinical Nurse Educator provides efficient and effective educational services and resources which enable staff to meet patients and other customers’ needs for high value, high quality, cost sensitive patient- and family-centered care within the framework of service excellence and evidence-based best practices. The Clinical Nurse Educator fosters teamwork within and across units/departments. The Clinical Nurse Educator plans, develops, and facilitates opportunities for staff to continuously refine and advance their competencies in patient care, teaching, critical thinking and judgment.
Enjoy your career at an award-winning, hospital in a locale that will have you wondering why you ever chose to live anywhere else.
Come join the EvergreenHealth team, where we consistently earn top honors for patient care and continually look for new and innovative ways to improve.
Be part of a team where you can make a difference, all while enjoying the quality of life that the Seattle area provides.
- Researches, develops, implements, promotes, delivers, facilitates, documents, and evaluates education programs using evidence-based approaches and frameworks that support the organization’s and assigned unit/department’s goals, objectives, and regulatory standards and also meet the ongoing educational needs of staff on that assigned unit/department.
- Functions as unit/department educational resource for all staff on assigned unit/department.
- Plans and implements unit/department-specific orientation programs.
- Provides ongoing staff development, continuing education, skills and competency assessments.
- Supports quality assessment and improvement initiatives and processes.
- Fosters teamwork within and across units/departments.
- Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
- Responsible for the “Accountabilities” associated with this position in support of the organization.
- Serves as a role model to influence colleagues and peers in the pursuit of clinical excellence.
- Performs other duties as assigned
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- 3 years of recent professional RN experience
- 2 years of recent experience in Emergency department nursing
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- Current American Heart Association ACLS & PALS certification by date of hire.
- Current TNCC by date of hire
- Ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate education programs.
- Must be able to demonstrate competency in leadership skills, in learning/ facilitation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate knowledge/skills in needs assessment, curriculum and materials development, implementation, and evaluation of education programs
- Must be a dynamic, motivated and creative self-starter, who continuously keeps abreast of current trends in staff development and with own professional growth.
DESIRED for the position:
- Master’s in Nursing, MSN
- Prior experience with Learning Management System (LMS) and creating web-based training
- One year in a leadership or teaching role or equivalent.
** We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits and relocation assistance
For more information about EvergreenHealth, please visit the website