Care Management Manager, Salinas, Merced or Scotts Valley, CA
Care Management Manager
at Central California Alliance for Health (View all jobs)
Scotts Valley, CA
Please note: There is one position available and it can be filled in any of our three offices: Salinas, Merced or Scotts Valley
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve over 330,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here or check out this video.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
As the Care Management Manager, you will manage all aspects of complex case management and care coordination, and perform program effectiveness evaluation. Additionally, you will manage, supervise, mentor and train assigned staff and collaborate with a variety of Alliance staff of special projects.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This position is in the Care Management (CM) Department, which is responsible for the coordination of resources for members with complex needs. Our department is made of up Nurses, Care Coordinators, Social Workers and Health Educators. Our team is collaborative, committed and fun. We work hard, promote learning and encourage each other’s strengths in a professional and supportive work environment.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of clinical nursing
- Principles and practices of case management
- Principles and practices of supervision and training
- Tools and techniques related to research, analysis, and reporting
- Windows based PC systems and Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel, and Oracle database systems
- Ability to:
- Train, mentor, supervise and evaluate the work of staff, promote an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation, and motivate staff to achieve goals and objectives
- Organize and prioritize the work of others, delegate effectively, and follow up on work assignments
- Act as a technical resource and explain regulations, processes, and programs related to area of assignment
- Provide leadership and facilitate meetings
- Plan, organize and lead data collection activities
- Education and Experience:
- Current, unrestricted California licensure as a Registered Nurse is required
- Bachelors' degree in Nursing
- Minimum of six years (or a Master’s and four years) of experience in a patient care setting, which included a minimum of two years of experience supervising and training clinical staff, one year of case management experience, and some experience in a care management capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for sponsorship.