Director of Revenue Cycle, Santa Barbara, CA
Director of Revenue Cycle
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Director, Revenue Cycle is responsible for meeting the charter and goals of the Clinic, more particularly the Revenue Cycle function, as described in the business plan accordance with the mission, vision and values of the organization.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Chief Financial Officer
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Yes
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, lifting, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eye sight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Office environment. When at a patient care environment with potential exposure to unpleasant odors, communicable diseases, medicinal preparations, potential exposure to toxic and hazardous drugs, electrical hazards and other conditions common to a clinic environment. Climate controlled, indoor environment. Occasional exposure to outdoor climate. Work may be stressful at times.
MACHINES/EQUIPMENT USED: PC and Network Software
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all of the responsibilities assigned.)
- Receipt of monies owed to the Clinic.
- Monitor accounts receivable status of clinic patient accounts.
- Works closely with the AR management department to set goals, review systems, processes and procedures.
- Reviews accurate settlement of Managed Care Claims.
- Assist and monitors Risk Adjustment Coding.
- Develops and monitors accuracy of physician coding to meet all regulatory requirements and to maximize accurate revenue.
- Works with the management team to identify, analyze and resolve department related problems.
- Assists the management team with recruiting, hiring, orientation, development and evaluation of staff.
- Approves assigned timecards and reports leaves to Human Resources.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Works as a team player supporting a variety of staff.
- Displays a caring and responsive attitude and conducts all activities respecting patient, family and employee rights and expectations.
- Demonstrates sound cost containment techniques.
- Adheres to established safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Maintains and evaluates own clinical expertise and practice. Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Maintains certification and license requirements and submits required evidence of certification/licensure as needed.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Regular attendance is an essential job function.
- Completes annual performance and competency evaluation process with management and participates in goal setting, performance improvement and educational training as needed.
- Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs/activities.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Adheres to HIPAA regulations.
- Exercises discretion and maintains high level of confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS: This position requires skills in gathering and analyzing data, research, communications, judgement and decision making. Expertise in identifying problems and recommending solutions. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, patients, medical staff, and the public, while accepting constructive criticism and giving suggestions in a professional manner. ability to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, other members of the healthcare team, etc., The ability to adapt to varied, age-specific and/or specialized groups. The ability to understand use, function, interpret, document, and keep records. The ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures, and have the ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. The ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE:
- Bachelor Degree required, preferably in Finance or Business related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five years AR Supervision/management in the health care field, with another three years direct hands-on experience in collections or credit in the same or similar environment.
- A combination of education and experience to demonstrate superior command of collection methods, policies, procedures, regulations and protocols; of mathematics and generally accepted accounting principles; organizational and leadership ability; medical records and medical communications systems; computer systems and applications.
WE CARE STATEMENT: As a Sansum Clinic employee, the Director, Revenue Cycle commits to uphold and contribute to the WE CARE culture, serving, communicating and caring wholeheartedly for our patients and colleagues during every encounter, every time.
As a Sansum Clinic employee, the Director of Revenue Cycle commits to:
- Welcome warmly and sincerely
- Engage wholeheartedly
- Communicate the plan
- Ask questions to deepen understanding
- Reassure best interests are in mind
- Exit with appreciation and thanks