Manager, Systems Infrastructure, Santa Barbara, CA
Manager, Systems Infrastructure
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Provides technical and managerial support in planning, directing and design of the IT infrastructure while simultaneously managing the IT teams responsible for maintaining that infrastructure. Job functions will be modified and improved as necessary to promote a team effort in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the organization.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Director, Technical Services
SUPERVISION PROVIDED: System Administrators
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, feel, talk and listen. Occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Office and patient care environment with potential exposure to unpleasant odors, communicable diseases, medicinal preparations, potential exposure to toxic and hazardous drugs, electrical hazards and other conditions common to a clinic environment. Climate controlled, indoor environment. Occasional exposure to outdoor climate. Work may be stressful at times.
MACHINES/EQUIPMENT USED: Clinical and office equipment
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all of the responsibilities assigned.)
- Provide subject matter expertise in support of new advancements or features in VMware, Citrix, Microsoft and related infrastructure technology installed at the Clinic.
- Ensure the effective support and maintenance of the Sansum Clinic computers including servers, storage, desktops, printers and peripherals systems to industry standards and in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Establish server and application delivery specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access information, and requirements; designing server and storage infrastructure, including configuration for reliability, redundancy and application security.
- Establish enterprise backup and recovery to ensure the data is protected and accessible in accordance with the Business Continuity Disaster Recovery (BCDR) plan.
- Establish secure and reliable application delivery, availability, utilization, throughput; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of computer and related equipment.
- Maintain server farm and application delivery performance through server and application monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting computer problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Research and apply best practice and industry standard solutions in the performance of day-to-day support of the server farm and infrastructure in the computer datacenters.
- Support disaster recovery per the BCDR Plan by designing and maintaining appropriate, recoverable server, storage and storage technologies.
- Create and maintain system recovery procedures, system run-books, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Maintain equipment per established practices and guidelines and per the disaster recovery plans.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems per documented methods and in accordance with the Service Desk.
- Oversee and ensure that desktop and peripheral devices are installed and accessed in a secure manner and ensure against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction.
- Respond to helpdesk tickets as assigned and present customer feedback to management. Monitor task status through completion and provide status updates.
- Maintain as current knowledge of Sansum Clinic computer systems, software application, and participate in system upgrades and testing.
- Participate in rotating “on-call” schedule with other members within the Information Technology team and carry a cell phone.
- Participate in training activities to maintain technical currency and to broaden product knowledge. Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of assigned applications and duties.
- Participate in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
- Completes annual performance and competency evaluation process with management and participates in goal setting, performance improvement and educational training as needed.
- Handles recruiting, hiring, orientation, development and evaluation of staff.
- Approves employee timecards and reports leaves to Human Resources.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Adheres to HIPAA regulations.
- Exercises discretion and maintains high level of confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS: Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with RFP/RFI process; vendor selection, system selection, system assessment, system designing, equipment procurement, vendor management, software licensing. Ability to oversee a team of technical staff and vendors and work in a time critical networked environment. Ability to provide leadership over technical IT projects and project resources in a time critical environment. Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes. Ability to sit at a computer keyboard, view a computer monitor, and use a telephone headset for extended periods of time. Demonstrate behavior that supports the Sansum Clinic mission. Ability to meet production standards with established time requirements. Demonstrate respect and positive interpersonal skills with patients, customers, the public, managers, and co-workers. Protects the safety of others and of the physical plant and equipment, following institution policies, fire, safety, and infection control regulations. Ability to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, other members of the healthcare team, etc. Ability to adapt to varied, age-specific and/or specialized groups. Ability to understand use, function, interpret, document, and keep records. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to organize and prioritize work. Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to reason and make sound judgments. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, management, patients, medical staff, and the public. Skill in accepting constructive criticism and giving suggestions in a professional manner.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE:
- Prefer one or more industry certifications: VCP, VCAP, CCP-V, CCE-V, MCSA/MCSE/MCSD and/or other relevant industry recognized certifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or related experience and five (5) plus years of direct involvement in computer administration in a large distributed TCP/IP Microsoft Windows; and Citrix, VMware environment.
- Experienced in the governance over IT areas such as Virtualization, VDI, Data backup/restore, Anti-Virus, data encryption, server farms, enterprise storage, Microsoft networking/security, systems patch management.
- Experienced in supporting physical and virtual servers / desktops, networked printers, and peripherals in a TCP/IP network environment.
- Experienced implementing and supporting enterprise email such as Exchange, anti-spam, anti-virus and malware detection and protection systems.
WE CARE STATEMENT: As a Sansum Clinic employee, the Manager, Systems Infrastructure commits to uphold and contribute to the WE CARE culture, serving, communicating and caring wholeheartedly for our patients and colleagues during every encounter, every time.
As a Sansum Clinic employee, the Manager, Systems Infrastructure commits to:
- Welcome warmly and sincerely
- Engage wholeheartedly
- Communicate the plan
- Ask questions to deepen understanding
- Reassure best interests are in mind
- Exit with appreciation and thanks