Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Fairbanks, AK
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Behavioral Health – Fairbanks, Alaska
Position provides behavioral health services to an ethnically diverse patient population across the lifespan.
Master’s in Social Work; licensure in State of Alaska as Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Experience in delivering interdisciplinary services to medically underserved populations and cultural competency.
- Provides risk assessments of behavioral health conditions (e.g. PHQ9, SBIRT, etc.) for purpose of advising primary care provider, referral to psychiatrist and/or other appropriate level of care.
- Consults with primary care providers to improve patient functioning and health status.
- Provides patient care within scope of services.
- Leads individual behavioral health and health promotion interventions.
- Coordinates care with center and community providers to ensure delivery of integrated comprehensive primary care services.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities.
- In conjunction with staff participates in revision of center’s policies and procedures.
- Remains current with standards of mental and behavioral health practice.
- Complies with corporation’s policies and procedures.
- Utilize specialized office equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Behavioral Health Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of methods of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical, mental and behavioral health conditions.
- Knowledge of the problems and dynamics in treating medically underserved populations.
- Proficiency in computer skills.
- Thorough knowledge of use of common office equipment (copier, fax, printer, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work as successful primary health care team member.
General hours: Monday - Friday, 10:00am - 7:00pm