Director, Pediatric Service Line, Park Ridge, IL
Director Service Line-Pediatrics
The Service Line Director for Advocate Children's Hospital is responsible for providing the overall strategic leadership and direction for Pediatric outpatient and specialty programs across the Advocate Children's Hospital enterprise. This position has accountability for planning, leadership development, organizing and directing patient care services, ensuring high quality patient care, interdisciplinary collaboration, physician integration and satisfaction, customer satisfaction and associate engagement.
The Director analyzes and prioritizes new business opportunities to meet community needs, to grow volumes, lead all strategic growth initiatives for new and existing services, increase market share, manage finances, direct operations, and develop and strengthen physician relationships.
The Director will be responsible for collaborating with the physician leaders in the practice toward, development of the best clinical programs to meet the market need. The Director is accountable for the creation of strong, solid business plans for those programs with supporting economic models that ensure strong physician alignment.
This position will provide leadership to multiple practice sites in partnership of the provision of quality patient care in a customer focused environment. This position will oversee all clinical operations related to outpatient and specialty programs, ensuring that quality patient care is provided in a safe, cost effective manner.
- Masters degree or equivalent plus
- 3~5 years of previous management experience
- 3~5 years experience with operations
- Excellent organization, planning and delegation skills.
- Responsible for overall quality of patient care services at both campuses.
- Leads the development and implementation of strategic plans that integrate the goals of Advocate Children's Hospital and Advocate Medical Group philosophy and strategic plans.
- Administrative and operational leadership for system~wide pediatric outpatient, medical group, and specialty programs.
- Ensures financial success of practice sites and outpatient departments. Appropriate allocation of resources, including capital and expense budgets, FTEs, space and time to effectively meet system goals and objectives.
- Implements strategies and organizational initiatives to ensure that the patient experience exceeds expectations and provides continuous service excellence.
- Utilizes effective management skills to cultivate relationships and facilitate a cooperative, common goal oriented culture.