Senior Talent Management Consultant, Downers Grove, IL
Senior Talent Management Consultant
Advocate Health Care, the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Our Corporate Support & Operations Services are equally committed to advancing Advocate's goal of building lifelong relationships with patients by delivering the best health outcomes and highest level of service through an integrated approach to care and wellness.
This role supports strategy, execution, and evaluation of enterprise human capital initiatives including performance management, talent assessment, associate engagement, recognition, and applicant assessment. The role is responsible for ensuring these processes and their supporting tools align to best practice and to business strategy while delivering measurable business impact. This is accomplished through planning and executing various projects and overseeing work to ensure it is completed timely and with quality.
- Serves as independent consultant and subject matter expert for HR and business leaders on issues related to talent management
- Designs, builds, and delivers enterprise performance management processes, ensuring consistent timely excution through collaboration with site human resources.
- Executes strategy to drive employee engagement including survey rollout, results interpretation, action~planning guidance and tools, and identification of key organizational engagement priorities.
- Advises on organizational talent selection testing practices to ensure use of legally defensible and valid methods that improve hiring decision accuracy and employee retention.
- Oversees social recognition platform and related programs, coordinating with vendors and internal stakeholders to create and maintain a consistent culture of recognition and engagement.
- Facilitates a robust annual talent assessment process that measures key skills and identifies high~potential talent and successors to key roles.
- Ensures team success through strong collaborative relationships among human resources and operational leaders to ensure that ongoing talent management practices support the changing needs of the business.
- Analyzes data to evaluate the outcomes and effectiveness of organizational practices and processes.
- Serves as internal consultant and subject matter expert on issues related to talent management.
- Master's Degree Required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in field in supporting, facilitating and evaluating large scale human capital initiatives.
- Knowledge of current best practices and research related to talent management tools and practices.
- Working knowledge of statistical analyses, software packages, and data reporting techniques necessary for organizational research studies of human resources practices such as impact anlaysis and linkage studies.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to write formal organizational communications.
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent project management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- This position requires travel, therefore, will be exposed to weather and road conditions.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Exposed to a normal office environment.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.