Human Resource Business Partner, Chicago, IL
The University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System- (UI Health) Mile Square Health Center is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join our Human Resources department.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) assists with Human Resources
functions at Mile Square Health Center (MSHC). The HRBP works within MSHC to assist in the planning, implementing and evaluation of human resources strategies throughout the enterprise. The HRBP assists in areas such as recruitment, credentialing, administration, transactional support and process improvements. The HRBP assists with the collection and analysis of human resources data and the development of procedural solutions for statistical and information purposes in order to ensure effective results and outcomes.
The work schedule will be Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Job Requirements and Duties:
- Assist in the planning and execution of all recruitment activities, for Academic Professional, Civil Service, temporary staff, etc. at MSHC, including: job creation, requesting hiring approval, reviewing, tracking and delegating approved RAHAs, posting vacancies, sourcing applicants, monitoring application tracking system use, applicant review, conducting interviews, coordinating/participating in search committees, search status reporting, scheduling committee meetings and interviews, salary determinations based on union contracts/market equity, communicating with applicants, conducting reference checks, extending and negotiating job offers, onboarding, vacancy postings, scheduling orientation classes, and initiating access to UI Health/MSHC Systems.
- Collaborates with outside advertisement agencies for external job postings andadvertisements.
- Assist in coordinating recruitment activities: Open Houses, recruitment fairs, advertisings, recruitment materials, etc.
- Prepare, create, transmit, file and secure documents while maintaining confidentiality and HIPAA regulations (applicant files, employee files, benefit files, and audit files).
- Assists in maintenance of human resources file-room and performs audits to ensure personnel files are updated.
- Process new hire, transactional changes, separation changes in the various HR databases and systems ensuring data is being accurately captured.
- Process access requests for new and current employees.
- Work with UI Health HR, IS and departments to terminate access for separating employees.
- Act as a backup in payroll administration, including administration of timekeeping system and manual pay records, payroll reports and processing various pay adjustments.
- Support credentialing process of employees; liaison between employees, college departments, and the Medical Staff Office.
- Run various headcount reports, analyze trends in data, and provide feedback on analyzed data.
- Assist with process improvement and development to streamline the Human Resources department and ensure efficiency in services provided.
- Conduct “HR Rounding” throughout departments to discuss individual needs and plans.
- Provide HRIS and HR process training to management.
- Meet with new employees during their first week to address any questions or concerns.
- Collaborate with Managers, colleagues, and other departments to ensure a thorough understanding of human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Partner with our School Based Health Centers and Integrated Health Care clinics to maintain consistency across the enterprise.
- Point of contact for employees with Human Resources questions; answer routine inquiries, provide assistance, or direct employees to appropriate department for follow-up.
- Provides administrative support to MSHC Human Resources.
- Assist with the planning and execution of employee recognition programs and events.
- Represent MSHC at any human resources meetings, workshops, and conferences as directed.
- Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Administration, Management, Organizational Administration, Public Administration, Labor Relations, Business Administration or a field closely related to the position.
Two years of work experience performing professional-level human resources duties
- Experience in a healthcare, hospital, clinic environment preferred.
- Familiarity with UIC systems (HRFE, HireTouch, Banner, etc.) highly preferred.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certified preferred.
- Ability to manage projects and deadlines from initiation to completion under minimal supervision.
- Strong communication, reporting, and analytical skills; conscientious of the integrity of work provided.Proactive, self-motivated, and great follow through; ability to develop and deliver presentations.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.