Director Mother Baby Program Dev & Admin, Minneapolis, MN
About Children’s Minnesota
Children’s Minnesota is the seventh largest pediatric health system in the United States and the only health system in Minnesota to provide care exclusively to children, from before birth through young adulthood. An independent and not-for-profit system since 1924, Children’s serves kids throughout the Upper Midwest at two free-standing hospitals, 12 primary and specialty care clinics and six rehabilitation sites. Additionally, Children’s is Minnesota's only Level I pediatric trauma center inside a hospital dedicated solely to children. In 2018 Children’s Minnesota was verified as a Level I Children’s Surgery Center by the American College of Surgeons. Children’s maintains its longstanding commitment to the community to improve children’s health by providing high-quality, family-centered pediatric services and advancing those efforts through research and education. This work is made possible in large part by generous philanthropic and volunteer support from individuals and organizations throughout the state and region. An award-winning health system, Children’s received Magnet® recognition from The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in 2018 and is regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children’s hospital. Please visit childrensMN.org.
This Director is the lead for Mother Baby Clinical Service Line (MB CSL) provider practice management and participates in the development, implementation and execution of new and existing programs, including but not limited to: the Minnesota Perinatal Physicians (MPP) maternal fetal medicine practice, the Allina Health Obstetric Hospitalist (OBH) program, and the Allina Health Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) program. This Director will ensure all programs support the Triple Aim, mission, and strategic objectives of Allina Health. This position has ultimate responsibility and accountability to assure that programs and services delivered by team members are safe, timely, effective, efficient, patient-centered, and equitable. Directly responsible for directing, facilitating, and managing all activities that contribute to the operational, clinic, and business functions of the programs to ensure their success within the MB CSL. Oversees development and growth of new provider services, ensures implementation of programs and that outcomes are measurable and replicable. Partners closely with MPP physician practice president, OB hospitalist physician medical director, certified nurse midwife lead, Allina Health CSL leaders, designated nursing and physician leaders and other departments and divisions of Allina Health to ensure successful implementation of best practices. Reports to the MB CSL Operations Leader.
- Provide leadership and management to the MPP, OBH, and CNM programs across multiple locations.
- Help develop best practices that become standards for care across the MB CSL. Ensure that the service line meets or exceeds standards, including quality and patient satisfaction standards.
- Create consistent care delivery systems within the MB CSL.
- Oversee overall implementation and replication and best practices across all Allina.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate Clinical Service Line performance to ensure it meets short- and long-term objectives, and regulatory requirements.
- Set the tone for exemplary service throughout the Clinical Service Line to ensure a culture of quality, focus on customer and market needs in patient care delivery, effective teamwork, and employee recognition for meaningful contributions, and continuous clinical and operational improvement.
- Enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the transdisciplinary care model by assessing quality and efficiency and leading appropriate change, in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Develop strategies and solutions that build the team member capability required to support organization strategy and achieve business results.
- 5-10 years in healthcare management with progressive operational experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing complex, matrixed operations.
- Demonstrated track record in leading and delegating a team with accountability and successful achievement of superior patient care, operations, and financial results.
- Demonstrated experience and desire to effectively work with physicians.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the management of complex business operational solutions in an ambulatory/clinic/hospital environment.
- Experience in strategic planning, program development, finance, and marketing.
- Ability to lead groups from various professional backgrounds, help set priorities, focus themselves and others on what's important and sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal.
License/Certification/Registration required? No
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare, business management or related field.
- MBA, MPH or MHA preferred.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of an occupational health assessment, drug screen, background investigation, and compliance with the U.S. Government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Children's requires proof of immunity to vaccine preventable infectious diseases prior to employment, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Children’s Minnesota is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.