Senior Director Global Patient Services, Cleveland, OH
SENIOR DIRECTOR GLOBAL PATIENT SERVICES
Directors the Global Patient Services organization and develops strategies to grow volume, ensures that the daily operations support volume and revenue growth; improves the Patient Experience.
- Direct activities that ensure operational excellence and World Class customer service for domestic, international and VIP patients, family members and guests in the Global Patient Services organization.
- Increases efficiencies in operational processes; seek continuous improvement in compliance to Title VI and other requirements in interpreter services; manage budget and budget forecasting process.
- Develops and ensures strong Institute relationships.
- Represents GPS and CCHS on international and other senior executive level committees.
- Coordinates activities to promote the Clinics' products and services in the international market.
- Ensures ongoing satisfaction of products and services by internal and external stakeholders, including patients, physicians, Embassy representatives, and the Office of Patient Experience.
- Directs marketing intelligence efforts to measure and improve resource productivity, establish and monitor targets and understand the effectiveness of those resources across all channels.
- Operationalizes the international business development strategy for enterprise-wide implementation.
- Meets volume growth expectations; maximize tools and resources to ensure that service is able to scale with volume growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree required, MBA preferred.
- Current state licensure as an Registered Nurse (RN) strongly preferred.
- Ten or more years of operations management development including leading teams; experience in a customer service or patient focused environment strongly preferred; experience cultivating international relationships strongly preferred.
- A relevant advanced degree may offset up to two years of experience.
- Position requires excellent communication and presentation skills; a proven track record of operations excellence and cultivating successful relationships at both the executive and non-executive levels, internally and externally; and an ability to operate under minimal supervision and direction.
- Position requires up to 25% travel, domestically and/or abroad.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing and walking, normal or corrected vision, hearing and speech; dexterity sufficient to perform work using a personal computer.
- Ability to perform duties in multiple facilities and locations.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
- Requires a strategic perspective and ability to build three to five year plan with quarterly and yearly deliverables.
- Requires ability to interact with diverse cultural, business and functional contexts.
- Requires strong leadership, management, internal consulting, critical thinking, communication, organizational and time management skills.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities