Director Cardiovascular Services, Albuquerque, NM
DIRECTOR CARDIOVASCULAR SERVICES
Responsible and accountable for all administrative/operational aspects of the Cardio Vascular Lab for the Heart/Vascular services. Leads strategic, tactical and performance improvement planning. Oversees implementation and ongoing measure of designated CVL sites. Collaborates with CVL Medical Director and Heart program leadership ensure high quality, cost-effective care. Accountable for the financial performance of designated sites. Accountable for customer service. Serves as a support and liaison to providers.
- Assists medical director and executive leadership in defining the clinical outcomes measures for areas of responsibility. Accountable for achievement of those measures.
- Work collaboratively with the clinical & clerical cross functional teams within clinics, Quality Management and Care Coordination Services in order to achieve optimal utilization of clinic services and to achieve performance targets. Coordinate with various inpatient functions as needed.
- Develops new clinical programs and services, as care delivery needs change in collaboration with other ambulatory managers, inpatient administration, as well as members of the CDS administrative leadership team.
- Teaches and leads continual process improvement and customer service processes. Involves the physicians and staff in improving daily operations of the program based on voice of the customer feedback and efforts to improve clinical outcomes.
- Develops and is accountable for the financial outcome of areas of accountability. This includes leading the planning and budgeting processes and accountabilities for budget administration and outcomes.
- Collaborates with medical director on provider engagement and turnover
- Oversee recruitment, development, engagement, and retention of department. Coach direct reports and others to assist with their performance improvement and achievement of departmental and organizational goals, including oversight of budget development and adherence and remove organizational barriers and obstacles
Bachelor Degree required, Masters degree preferred.
Five years experience in a healthcare leadership role. Previous experience in CVL preferred.
- Bachelor Degree
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.