Psychiatric Clinical Manager, Olympia, WA
Providence is calling a Psychiatric Clinical Manager (1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Variable Shift) to the Psychiatric Unit at Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, Washington.
The Psychiatric Clinical Manager provides day-to-day immediate management of unit operations, thus allowing the Director opportunity to focus on long-term planning, budget, goals, outcomes, decision-making and other higher-level management functions. This position works with a team of other psychiatric leaders who support one another with shared call, community relations and clinical consultations. The Clinical Manager also assists with quality review, performance management, customer service, and staffing management. The scope and span of control for the Clinical Manager may include more than one unit and/or clinical service.
Provides direct service administration on the Inpatient Psychiatric unit and Crisis Services, ensuring comprehensive nursing services and quality patient care. This position coordinates with the Emergency Department Nursing and Medical Staff, other hospital units and external agencies.
In this position you will:
- Assures employee understanding and commitment to organization Mission, Vision, and Demonstrate Core Values
- Ensures high patient care standards and quality
- Contributes to developing and maintaining departmental customer satisfaction program in accordance with organizational guidelines, which exceed guests, family, patient and physician expectations.
- Contributes to developing and maintaining departmental quality management program in accordance with organizational guidelines, which exceed community standards, including compliance with all laws, regulations and requirements of appropriate licensing and accrediting bodies
- Assists with the development of a departmental strategic plan and vision complying with organizational guidelines, which identifies objectives for increasing market share and volumes
- Actively participates in developing annual departmental budgets, which will include appropriate volume and revenue projections and reflect the most cost-effective means of delivering services to achieve specified quality levels
- Manages human resources to achieve the highest levels of performance by retaining and attracting the most competent employees.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree or currently enrolled in a program
- Acute care professional experience (within the last 7 years).
- Washington State Licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Ability to work independently and assume leadership role to accomplish objectives
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
Psychiatric Emergency Services located in the PSPH Emergency Center provides services to patients with psychiatric diagnosis that meet medical necessity for all levels of care. At the point of first contact with an individual, a process is undertaken to obtain the appropriate and necessary information to match the individual's need with the appropriate level of care and setting. We see on average 16-18 people per day with symptoms of mental illness and substance use.
Inpatient Psychiatric Services offers a continuum of voluntary treatment for adults needing mental health services. Our 18 bed inpatient unit is located at Providence St Peter Hospital. Group therapy and skills building sessions are provided daily as well as individual sessions when needed. Family and patient education is provided. Discharge planning begins upon admission and is done in concert with the patient and family as appropriate.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 220057.
Providence is an Equal Opportunity Employer.