Manager Inpatient MedSurg Telemetry, Seattle, WA
Manager Inpatient MedSurgTelemetry, Fulltime, Variable, Capitol Hill, 10k Sign on Bonus
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Number: 766822
Date posted: 01/22/2019
Provides day-to-day leadership and management of 24 hour/7 day week department through use of program planning, vision translation, setting/communicating expectations and guiding staff to achieve KP business and inpatient/observation services goals. Leads the coordination of inpatient and observation services. Oversees the nutritional services and other assigned ancillary departments as necessary. Manages staffing/scheduling, budget, staff competency, integration with medical staff,ancillary hospital and system departments. Assists in developing and maintaining the quality metrics policies for the inpatient/observation unit. Assists with development and maintenance of departmental policies and procedures. Coordinates with ancillary departments to achieve organizational and department goals and metrics.
- Develop, Implement and maintain quality program, regulatory and organizational compliance, and patient safety. Ensure Press Ganey compliance. Encourage staff participation in organizational surveys.
- Responsible for the day to day clinical operations of the inpatient unit to include appropriate staffing based on acuity. on going Performance Management of staff. Focused attention on staff satisfaction/engagement, recruitment and retention.
- Responsible for the management of Nutrition Services Department and work in collaboration with the Ambulatory Services Center (Phase 3) Manager to ensure efficient utilization of staff and appropriate placement of patients. Work collaborative with all Ancillary Services departments to ensure quality of technical care and services to inpatients and observation patients.
- Assesses and refines financial strategies to meet revenue and expense targets. Capture data, monitor and correct it toassure accuracy, e.g. ensure comprehensive capture of services provided by Inpatient/Observation unit. Respond todata in a manner which assures timely and appropriate interventions.
- Actively participates in leadership forums, working 'one level up' from departmental responsibilities to advance thegoals of the division. Participates in or leads system-wide projects that are designed to achieve division goals.Implement system-wide strategies at the department level in a timely and effective way, ensuring all staff understandthe significance to our overall success. Ensure that timely, accurate unit data are available to contribute to theevaluation of division performance; ensure service capture and accurate billing.
- Minimum three (3) years of management experience of increasing responsibility and accountability.
- Minimum three (3) years of recent management experience running an inpatient medical surgical unit.
- Bachelor's of science degree in nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Washington State RN license by date of hire/transfer.
- Experience in financial management/budget, team development/engagement and performance management.
- Working knowledge of patients satisfaction (Press Ganey) surveys.
- Understanding of regulatory compliance related to patient quality and safety.
- Five (5) years of management experience of increasing responsibility and accountability.
- Healthcare delivery administration experience.
- Master's degree in health care or nursing related field or MBA.
- Working knowledge telemetry patients.
Primary Location: Washington,Seattle,Capitol Hill Main Building 201 16th Ave. E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Working Hours Start: Varies
Working Hours End: Varies
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job Category: Nursing Licensed
Department: Inpatient Unit
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.