IT Manager, Puyallup, WA
Woodcreek Provider Services is hiring an IT Manager who has experience in healthcare management. WPS is a great place to work and offers competitive benefits, matching 401(k) contributions, and the best part of working here is getting to work with an awesome group of people! If you are interested - check out our job description for this position below!
The IT Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the IT department maintained by Woodcreek Provider Services. This position is tasked with ensuring the consistent and reliable delivery of IT resources to end users, as well as for overseeing programs related to clinical quality and patient experience. This position also acts as the HIPAA Privacy & Security Officer for the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job responsibilities.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
These tasks and responsibilities apply to WPS and any other entities that may be created at a future date.
- Ensure that WPS healthcare clients’ information systems and quality needs are handled in a professional, collegial, and accountable manner, including interacting with clients as needed to ensure that expectations are being met;
- Manage IT department staff, and outsourced services as engaged, to ensure operational goals are regularly met;
- Establish and maintain corporate policies and procedures related to liability risk issues, including HIPAA privacy and security obligations, and ensure education of these standards is delivered to employees;
- Conduct regular audits relating to security, breach notification and disaster recovery plans to ensure effectiveness;
- Identify, evaluate and mitigate privacy and security issues, and investigate complaints raised by patients regarding care received for a WPS-managed client;
- Collaborate with patient-facing departments to identify and implement IT strategies that meet WPS client requirements;
- Evaluate and recommend IT strategies to support and enhance WPS corporate and client goals;
- Evaluate and negotiate with vendors related to IT project purchases;
- Conduct regular audits of appropriate systems to identify potential misuse of protected health information and mitigate as needed;
- Conduct regular audits of all IT systems and hardware to ensure accurate and up to date records of WPS and WPS Client owned assets;
- Determine and track ROI on IT system changes and maintain business associate agreements with vendors as warranted;
- Performs special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules, and general knowledge of liability matters related to medical practice;
- IT and network management, including PC and terminal-based resource delivery; network infrastructure; Azure cloud host utilization and deployment; and 3rd party management of deliverables;
- Telecommunications, including delivery of dial tone, wide area network, virtual private network and remote access functionality;
- Administrative and management principals regarding leadership techniques.
- Communicate effectively with others both in writing and verbally;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with 3rd party IT service provider and other vendors;
- Handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner;
- Prioritize and multi-task.
- Technical expertise with a knowledge of healthcare (or related) information systems and healthcare security compliance;
- Strong project management skills;
- Effective problem-solving skills;
- Critical thinking and active listening;
- Deductive reasoning;
- Good judgment and decision-making skills;
- Organizing and prioritizing skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Work Demands
- Able to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time;
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach daily;
- Able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing and using the telephone;
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds.
Mental Work Demands
- Regular and on-time attendance;
- Hours occasionally exceed 40 hours per week and frequently require evening and weekend work;
- Ability to shift focus quickly due to regular interruptions;
- Occasional travel by motor vehicle within the region and other locations as required.
- Five years of experience working in a healthcare information technology management role, including experience directly overseeing daily use of an electronic health record system;
- Three years of experience in a HIPAA Privacy/Security officer role;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Access, Word and Excel;
- Discretion and trustworthiness due to frequent contact with confidential material
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, in a clear, concise, and accurate manner as it pertains to the job
- Possess a valid Washington State driver’s license and liability insurance for personal vehicle
This job description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. It reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job and may be revised at any time. The IT Manager will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job duties requested by the executive staff, the administrative staff, and the Leadership Team.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org