Medical Director of Inpatient Services, Seattle, WA
Medical Director of Inpatient Services (Req #555)
Inpatient Medical NU – Seattle, Washington
Department Inpatient Medical NU
Employment Type Full-Time
Minimum Experience Senior Manager/Supervisor
The Medical Director of Inpatient Services (MDIS) assumes 24-hour responsibility for clinical care within the hospital. MDIS acts as the clinical leader of the inpatient medical staff at Navos Inpatient Services. MDIS is responsible for day-to-day physician management and works with others to develop new treatment offerings in an evidence-based modality, monitoring of current programs for quality assurance, and assisting with continuing medical education. Responsible for hiring, training and retaining inpatient medical staff by projecting future medical needs, developing the fiscal budget and providing direct assistance and supervision.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Monitors the clinical work of all Inpatient psychiatric staff and ensures quality clinical care and adherence to medically acceptable standards of practice for all psychiatric and primary care staff
- Provides clinical supervision to psychiatric staff.
- Identifies areas of quality improvement across Inpatient clinical practice and develops new standards of practice as needed.
- Coordinates with the Chief of Inpatient Services and the VP of Administrative Services in hiring, evaluation, termination of all psychiatric and primary care staff.
- Participates in peer review and monitoring standards to ensure compliance with evaluation documentation and credentialing requirements for medical staff and primary care staff.
- Participates and/or ensures staffing for all Inpatient and combined Inpatient/Inpatient Medical Staff Committees including: Medical Executive, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Med Education and Infection Control.
- Participates in program quality assurance and critical incident procedures.
- Participates in facilitating psychiatric and primary care staff performance of medical supervision of Agency staff for CMS , third-party payer, and other purposes.
- Assists in providing psychiatric and primary care staff clinical consultation regarding client, staff and/or program issues to agency programs upon request of administrators and clinical staff.
- Coordinates with the Medical Services Administrator in ensuring that medical programs meet related Federal, State, local , Joint Commission and Navos requirements, and understand and follow established Navos Policies and Procedures
- Provides psychiatric care and carries a case load of patients.
- Maintains knowledge of clinical quality and trends, and provides consultation for staff on current and new programming
- MD degree; 5+ years’ experience in general psychiatry and behavioral healthcare; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with clinical process, utilization management and quality assurance.
- Thorough knowledge of general psychiatry and behavioral healthcare.
- Understanding of clinical process, utilization management and quality assurance
- Good communication, interpersonal and teaching skills.
- Ability to be collaborative with the full organization’s Leadership Team.
- Ability to provide leadership to multi-disciplinary staff.
- Ability to be collaborative with psychiatric and primary care staff.
- Ability to represent the Agency to the various agencies and interest groups in the community.
- Pass required WA State background checks.
- Maintain current WA State Medical License.
- A unique learning opportunity and the chance to be a part of a multi-disciplinary team that encourages growth, creative thinking, and contemporary learning.
- 22 days Paid Time Off and 8 paid holidays in your first year with Navos! Medical
- 401k package
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of an updated background investigation.
About Us: At Navos, we offer a healing home for children, young people and adults who are vulnerable to mental illness and substance use disorders. The Navos mission is to transform the quality of life for the people we serve by providing a broad spectrum of care. We believe that equity and inclusion are vital to living our values and achieving our mission.
Navos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.