Clinical Director - Inpatient - Behavioral Health, Milton, WA
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 122 programs and over 3,680 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized By The Bay Area Business Times as the 13th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2019!
Telecare operates the Telecare Pierce County Evaluation & Treatment (E&T) center in Pierce County WA. This program is a secure 16-bed inpatient facility for adults, ages 18+ who meet the criteria for services under the Involuntary Treatment Act (ITA). We serve people who are experiencing an acute mental health crisis and require intensive support to maintain safety. Our mission at this facility is to engage individuals with complex needs in recovering their health, hopes, and dreams. We are looking for employees that have a desire to work in a team environment that is focused on recovery and empowerment.
Employment Status: Full-Time
In this mid-level management position and under the direct supervision of the Administrator, the Clinical Director provides leadership, coordination, and clinical supervision to the multidisciplinary team(s) and/or program(s). Assists Administrator with quality improvement duties.
- Two (2) years post-graduate direct clinical experience in a mental health setting
- Must have experience working with mental health and substance use consumers, families and advisory boards
- Masters or higher degree in Social Services
- One (1) year in a leadership role in a relevant setting (inpatient or outpatient setting, as appropriate)
- Current licensure/registration as LCSW, LMFT, LPC, Ph.D./Psy.D. in the state of program operation (except for out-of-state applicants with existing licensure in good standing)
- Sensitivity to multi-cultural populations and issues
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
- All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
- Demonstrates the company mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
- In conjunction with the Administrator, acts as the clinical authority of the program and establishes clinical systems and standards of care
- Provides a safe, effective, and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards of care
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls clinical services and is responsible for the administrative functioning of clinical services departments
- Continually communicates with community partners and customers to ensure continuity of care for members served
- Ensures program functions smoothly within the larger behavioral health system by building and maintaining relationships with community partners
- Oversees documentation by clinical staff and performs audits of Clinical Charts to ensure adherence to State and County Requirements
- Establishes and maintains a recovery culture and philosophy within the program
- Promotes and maintains good relationships and communication between departments
- Aids in creating policies and procedures that address clinical quality and risk
- Completes incident investigations and summaries for regulatory agencies, as necessary
- Responsible for regular supervision and evaluations of assigned staff
- Ensures high-quality services are being provided to all members served
- Assures facility/program honors the rights of members served
- Collaborates with other staff in the implementation of corporate initiatives, and other services, as needed
- Available to assist at other Telecare facilities (consult) as needed
- Ensures treatment adheres to established policies, procedures and standards of care
- Ensures complete and accurate records on interventions and behaviors of members served
- Provides individual/group education and training
- Must assist with the restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires driving personal vehicle for company business such as trainings, offsite meetings, etc.
- Ability to contribute to policy and procedure development in a matter that addresses clinical quality and risk
- Understanding of local system of care and how the program fits within it
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with members served and community partners
- Familiarity with a variety of evidence-based practices appropriate to members served
- Knowledge and experience using the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) criteria
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and firm grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition, and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Apply via our website: