Senior Data Warehouse ETL Developer, Fairfield, CA
Senior Data Warehouse ETL Developer
Job Locations US-CA-Fairfield
Job ID 2019-1612
Category Information Technology
Responsible for the development of all processes necessary to complete all phases of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW). This includes source identification, data collection, data transformation, normalization, rule administration, error detection and correction, data consolidation, data storage, data distribution, schema mapping, data enrichment, and data governance.
- Lead ETL resource on new ETL development for the Data Warehouse.
- Responsible for the entire flow of the data into the Data Warehouse.
- Develops and maintains in-depth understanding of SQL Server, Oracle, BusinessObjects, Access databases, and Analysis Services.
- Responsible for developing SSIS packages used in the Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes for EDW.
- Provides guidance for all Master Data Management (MDM) aspects involved in the development of the EDW.
- Responsible for understanding all development in the area of MDM and ETL.
- Responsible for the transition of documentation, security, development, and testing of all procedures in the EDW.
- Responsible for coordination with other departments regarding consistency and accuracy of data.
- Works with Web Team on development and coordination of ETL and other processes.
- Uses sound technical judgment and makes appropriate systems decisions in absence of the Associate Director, Data Warehouse and Architecture.
- Responsible to train new staff on ETL architecture, ETL standards, and ETL documentation.
- Responsible for the coordination of the production, development, and sandbox environments.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other tasks necessary to ensure integrity of eCommerce / AMYSIS databases and the accuracy of reporting data.
- Leads and participates in special projects as needed and assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field; minimum four (4) years of systems analysis experience with experience in medical information systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with healthcare data is preferred.
Special Skills, Licenses and Certifications
Knowledge of databases (SQL Server, BusinessObjects, Access, SSIS, normalization, queries, views). Some knowledge of Oracle and Oracle programming methodologies. Knowledge of data warehousing, data marts, OLAP, ROLAP, MOLAP, etc. Ability to move data between systems as needed, effortlessly. High standards for data presentation. Significant knowledge of PCs, Windows 2000, and related applications. Understanding of systems and related systems interfaces and how changes impact various systems.
Performance Based Competencies
Ability to quickly acquire in-depth knowledge of new systems and software configuration at PHC. Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to interpret and understand technical requirements. Excellent analytical skills to troubleshoot and resolve systems problems. Able to develop procedures to automate jobs and to document extensively and clearly. Good client relations skills.
Work Environment And Physical Demands
More than 50% of work time is spent in front of a computer monitor. May be required to bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, or work in other non-standing and non-sitting positions to install cabling, systems hardware, and other related equipment.
All HealthPlan employees are expected to:
- Provide the highest possible level of service to clients;
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort among employees;
- Maintain safe practices; and
- Abide by the HealthPlan’s policies and procedures as they may from time to time be updated.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or work environment change.