Staff Acountant, Santa Barbara, CA
Planned Parenthood California Central Coast is hiring a Staff Accountant!!!
Your passion makes the difference!
As the most trusted provider of reproductive health care, we promote the ability of all individuals to lead fulfilled lives, build healthy families, and make informed decisions through high-quality health services, education, and advocacy.
JOB TITLE: Staff Accountant
REPORTS TO: Director Finance
Works with the Director of Finance in meeting the accounting needs of the agency. Supports the agency accounting functions, including cash receipts, accounts payable, and payroll. Assist with the preparation of monthly and year-end financial statements and related schedules.
- Ability to consistently model Planned Parenthood Workplace Values:
- We tend to the team
- We respect and honor all people
- We jump in
- We try and we learn
- We care for our business
- We return to our mission
- Ability to demonstrate Services Standards in all internal and external communication by:
- Clearing the slate
- Making a connection
- Keep them in the loop
- Confirm the plan
- Ask for feedback
- Acknowledge the reality
- Open the door
- Account reconciliations - prepare reconciliation for all asset and liability accounts, tying the account to the subsidiary ledgers.
- Prepares supporting schedules and journal entries for monthly and year-end financial statements.
- Oversees banking activities, including reconciliation of bank statements and accounts to general ledger and internal registers.
- Using the Great Plains system, assists with the preparation of monthly financial statements and various financial reports and analyses required for the Board of Directors and staff.
- Supports preparation of quarterly financial reports for Title X.
- Assists in the contract/grant management program with the Grants Manager and in preparation of billings and invoices for all grants.
- Supports the annual audit and other periodic audits as required.
- Assists in the preparation of the affiliate annual budget, agency budgets and government funding applications and status reports.
- Troubleshoots and problem-solves when bookkeeping or accounting errors occur.
- Backs up the Accounting Assistant duties in accounts payable and payroll.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director of Finance.
Responsible for the supervision of the Payroll and Accounts Payable Coordinator
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting systems is highly desirable.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to both analyze financial data and develop solutions to the problems encountered along with solid written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Ability to supervise and direct the work of others is desirable.
CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with staff in a professional manner and to respond to their requests efficiently and effectively, so as to ease and improve communications regarding finances.
- Develop reports and analysis that can be easily comprehended by non-accounting personnel.
- Excellent customer service skills and commitment to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BS/BA degree in Accounting is preferred. Experience in Finance and/or Business Administration and two to five years of experience in the accounting field, or equivalent education and experience, is required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Knowledge of Great Plains accounting software is desired.
- Position requires strong analytical capability and knowledge of computerized accounting systems and spreadsheets.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows work environment.
- Ability to work in a busy environment, under pressure without compromising accuracy, attention to detail and courtesy to clients and staff.
- Ability to provide feedback to staff in a constructive manner resulting in motivation for change.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately to changing situations.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction to both internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to read and analyze information.
- Ability to research and gather information.
- Ability to organize large amounts of data/information into a fashion that all levels of staff can understand.
- Candidate must travel within PPCCC geographic area (Thousand Oaks to San Luis Obispo).
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Valid California Driver’s license and appropriate insurance.
- Other duties as requested.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to take decisive action.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply online to: https://jobs.lever.co/ppcentralcoast