Clinicians, Santa Barbara, CA
Planned Parenthood California Central Coast is hiring Clinicians!!!
$5,000 Sign-On & Retention Bonus!
Your passion makes the difference!
As the most trusted provider of reproductive health care, we promote the ability of all individuals to lead fulfilled lives, build healthy families, and make informed decisions through high-quality health services, education, and advocacy.
The non-physician clinician works in collaboration with other members of the health care team to provide quality routine reproductive health care to Planned Parenthood female and male patients in accordance with PPCCC medical protocols. Responsibilities of the position include providing basic family planning services which include; hormonal contraceptive assessment, dispensing of medications, IUC insertions and removals, contraceptive implants, diaphragm fitting, pelvic examinations, midlife services, limited infertility examinations and male services. With certification the Clinician may provide the following; medical and surgical abortion services, evaluation of abortion complications, ultrasound assessment for gestational age, endometrial and vulvar biopsies, colposcopy and external cryotherapy. Responsibilities also include participation in a team approach to patient care by working cooperatively with others to achieve productivity standards while providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to consistently model Planned Parenthood Workplace Values:
- We tend to the team
- We respect and honor all people
- We jump in
- We try and we learn
- We care for our business
- We return to our mission
- Ability to demonstrate Services Standards in all internal and external communication by:
- Clearing the slate
- Making a connection
- Keep them in the loop
- Confirm the plan
- Ask for feedback
- Acknowledge the reality
- Open the door
- Adhere to Planned Parenthood California Central Coast (PPCCC) written medical protocols which incorporate all State, Federal, PPFA and PPCCC medical practice guidelines and which are approved by the Medical Director and President/CEO.
- Adhere to PPCCC policies and procedures concerning OSHA, CLIA, occurrence reporting, and all other staff and patient safety issues.
- Accurately and efficiently review, interpret and document the patient’s medical history.
- Perform physical exams on males and females and gynecological examinations, including performance and interpretation and/or ordering of appropriate laboratory tests. Prescribe contraceptives and therapy for STIs, vaginal infections, UTI’s and HRT as appropriate.
- Perform pelvic ultrasound for gestational age determination, administration of medical abortion, provide appropriate follow-up and post MAB examinations; administer PPCCC’s medical abortion protocols including finger stick hemoglobin and RH testing, as warranted.
- Refer patients with abnormal conditions appropriately per PPCCC protocols.
- Utilize the “SOAP” format for completing medical examination forms, including all appropriate medical findings and recommendations.
- Must be able to meet the standard of providing care for; four (4) table patients per hour or six (6) to eight (8) non-table patients per hour or a combination thereof.
- Participate in training for Electronic Health Records and become proficient with its use within 8-10 weeks for 100% of patient visits.
- Participate in, but not limited to, peer review, quality assurance audits, and laboratory proficiency testing.
- Participate in required medical meetings, conference calls and trainings.
- Adherence to protocols related to internal follow-up protocol, customer satisfaction, clinical efficiency and productivity standards, is critical.
- Abide by PPCCC’s Compliance, Risk and Quality Management Program, including adhering to the Standards of Conduct and participating in ongoing trainings regarding billing and coding for services.
- Must comply with Clinical Services goal of providing excellent customer service by talking with patients in a caring manner and delivering services in an unbiased and non-judgmental manner.
- Perform on-call responsibilities within the guidelines set forth by the Clinical Services Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Center Director and/or Medical Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in family planning preferred
- Ability to relate to women and men of diverse backgrounds, in potentially stressful situations
- Ability to perform lab screening and vital assessment
- Excellent computer skills for EHR. Previous EHR experience an advantage.
- After orientation, must be capable of adjusting to patient flow per agency guidelines
- Be capable of working in a busy environment, handling multiple tasks simultaneously without compromising accuracy, attention to detail, courtesy and respect to clients and staff
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Must possess excellent communication skills and deliver care in a warm and caring manner
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Ability to physically assist a patient in distress
- On-call responsibility required
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply online to: https://jobs.lever.co/ppcentralcoast