Registered Nurses (ASC), Corvallis, OR
The Corvallis Clinic 601 NW Elks Drive, Corvallis, OR 97330
Registered Nurses needed for our Surgery Center
Full Time and Relief (less than 20 hours per week). Weekday schedules only, no nights.
The ASC Staff Nurse: Pre-Op, Post-Op performs nursing functions according to the sequential steps of the nursing process: assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation as defined by the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
- Will participate and maintain a culture within The Corvallis Clinic that is consistent with the content outlined in the Service and Behavioral Standards Handbook. To this end, employee will be expected to read, have familiarity, and embrace the principles contained within.
- Opens, cleans, re-stocks unit for the day.
- Assists in preparation of all necessary medication/equipment involved in patient care.
- Admits patient to procedure room/post-operative area assesses and documents patient status, formulates plan of care and completes all physician orders.
- Monitors and assesses patient’s condition throughout the procedure and/or pre-operative / post-operative period.
- Provides instructions, information and counseling to patients and their families as needed.
- Assists in all areas as needed to balance work load and assure quality patient care.
- Graduate of an accredited school of registered nursing
- Current unencumbered licensure in Oregon and fulfillment of requirements of the Oregon State Board of Nursing
- Current CPR certification, ACLS or able to obtain ACLS within six (6) months of hire
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience with at least two (2) years’ experience in critical care, PACU or Medical Surgical Nursing desired
- Evidence of working knowledge of the nursing process
- Completion of conscious sedation competency preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrate calm, confident management of emergency situations
- Organize, prioritize, delegate and assign duties to non-licensed personnel
- Maintain skills in demonstrated knowledge of pre and post-operative equipment usage and troubleshooting of such
- Complete knowledge and understanding of peri-operative nursing care in the freestanding ambulatory surgery unit
- Demonstrate flexibility and leadership with unscheduled procedure changes
- Ability to work well with providers and other staff
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a busy, fast-paced environment while maintaining quality of work
We offer competitive wages and benefits, and a sign on bonus for full time employment
Please apply at www.corvallisclinic.com/careers