Echo Technician, Santa Barbara, CA
Echo Technician #1957
Santa Barbara, CA
Regular or Temporary
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Echo Technician provides assistance with Cardiology diagnosis and related patient care in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all of the responsibilities assigned.)
- Prepare equipment and patients and perform and record data for:
- Doppler studies including Color Floor Mapping, pulse wave, continuous wave, M-mode, 2-D.
- Exercise echo studies utilizing bicycle ergometer or treadmill
- Holter monitors
- ECG testing
- Perform measurements and calculations on data derived.
- Assist Cardiologist in analyzing and reporting data derived from echo studies.
- File and log studies and prepare billing forms in accordance with department and Clinic procedures.
- Instruct patients and answer questions regarding procedures.
- Coordinate appointments with department receptionist and scheduling department.
- Orient, train, and evaluate technical staff.
- Coordinate work schedule to maintain smooth patient flow and quality patient care.
- Maintain department records in an orderly and accessible manner in accordance with accepted medical records practices.
- Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Works as a team player supporting a variety of staff.
- Displays a caring and responsive attitude and conducts all activities respecting patient, family and employee rights and expectations.
- Demonstrates sound cost containment techniques.
- Adheres to established safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Maintains and evaluates own clinical expertise and practice. Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Maintains certification and license requirements and submits required evidence of certification/licensure as needed.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Completes annual performance and competency evaluation process with management and participates in goal setting, performance improvement and educational training as needed.
- Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs/activities.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Adheres to HIPAA regulations.
- Exercises discretion and maintains high level of confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS: Knowledge of clinical policies and procedures. Knowledge of clinical practices and medical terminology. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Ability to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, other members of the healthcare team, etc. Ability to adapt to varied, age-specific and/or specialized groups. Ability to understand use, function, interpret, document, and keep records. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to organize and prioritize work. Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to reason and make sound judgments. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, management, patients, medical staff, and the public. Skill in accepting constructive criticism and giving suggestions in a professional manner.
About the Company
Sansum Clinic is the largest independent nonprofit healthcare organization between the Los Angeles Basin and the San Francisco Bay Area. With more than 150 affiliated physicians and 1,000 employees, Sansum Clinic provides the full spectrum of healthcare services, from primary care to more than 30 specialties. Sansum Clinic serves more than 150,000 patients (600,000 visits) annually at our 25+ patient care facilities between Carpinteria and Santa Maria.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE:
- High School diploma or equivalent supplemented by college level course work in Cardiac anatomy and physiology at least two years as a Medical Assistant or EKG Technician.
- Experience of at least two years as a Cardio Technician, or any combination of education or training which will demonstrate possession of knowledge and abilites of the position preferred.
- Certification with ARMDS or CCI
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Competitive salary, depending on experience, with an excellent comprehensive benefit package if eligible, including 403b, medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance and paid time off.