Assistant CA Medicare Specialist, South San Francisco, CA
ASSISTANT CA MEDICARE SPECIALIST
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time Assistant CA Medicare Specialist to implement and track the sales action plan of the marketing and communications plan, including handling inbound/outbound sales calls, scheduling appointments, meets with walk-in members, coordinating direct mail and external sales events. Supports sales staff by providing administrative, clerical, and member support; tracking and reporting sales information and resolving problems. Works collaboratively with other HPSM departments. Ensures work is timely, accurate and complete.
The essential duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist in the planning and execution of sales action plan of HPSM’s marketing & communications strategy. Activities include, but are not limited to, handling inbound calls and making outbound calls to schedule sales appointments with eligible members. Coordinate ongoing monthly direct mail program, weekly and monthly sales reports and periodic outside sales events.
- Assist in eligibility/enrollment process by verifying eligibility, checking enrollment forms, making follow-up calls and emailing/faxing with members as necessary.
- Manage sales management system (CRM) for department and updates internal databases, as necessary.
- Coordinates flow of information and communication and disseminates it according to plan/strategy.
- Assist with and maintain sales and marketing standards that ensure all sales and marketing activities meet HPSM standards for quality, consistency and timely production.
- Ensure timely completion of all deliverables as defined by his/her manager.
- Backup others in the department as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: High school diploma required, with two-years of course work in marketing, communications, public relations or related field, preferred. Minimum two years of experience in sales, member services, enrollment in health plan or medical industry, marketing, administration or related field. Strong customer service, active listening, planning, and delegation skills. Background in health insurance, and/or general wellness preferred.
Knowledge of: Personal computer and the use of a range of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access. Sales process, marketing and communication tools, delivery methods, and best practices. Ability to speak and be understood in English and 2nd language preferred (Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog or Russian). Knowledge of regulatory requirements governing marketing and sales in health care, managed care and Medi-Cal. Business, economic, demographic and political trends and developments affecting healthcare in general, and sales and marketing in particular.
Ability to: Work cooperatively with others. Work as part of a team and support team decisions. Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Adapt to changes in requirements/priorities for daily and specialized tasks. Effectively prioritize multiple tasks and meet agreed-on deadlines. Intermediate skills in Windows, Outlook and MS Office, including PowerPoint and CRM, preferred. Work cross-collaboratively in teams, working groups, and with diverse staff, partners, members, doctors, community partners, and vendors while maintaining and upholding a professional demeanor. Ability to handle confidential information with appropriate discretion. Participate in HPSM events, meetings, and professional functions.
Other: California Health Insurance Brokers License required.
5% to 10% travel required (primarily in San Mateo County, the San Francisco Bay Area and/or to conferences in-state or out-of-state). The incumbent must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license with proof of insurance in conformity with state law minimums.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting Compensation Range: - Depending on Experience
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums (5%) for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid life, AD&D, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (HPSM contributes equivalent of 10% of annual compensation); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; onsite fitness center and more.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: email@example.com or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. The Health Plan of San Mateo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minority candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Submissions without a Cover Letter and Salary Expectations may not be considered.