Director of Pharmacy, Olympia, WA
Position Summary: Accountable to provide twenty four hour oversight of pharmacy including staff recruitment/retention, staff performance and counseling, policy/procedure, staffing, performance improvement, staff development and education, resource management and program development. Communicate with physicians regarding clinical issues. Directs services, guides orientation, and is responsible for all in-service education for their staff.
- Ability to meet minimum hospital hiring standards.
- Licensed Pharmacist with a PharmD and or Master’s degree required. PharmD preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in managerial role.
- Minimum of five years of clinical pharmacy experience preferred. Demonstrated success in impacting pharmacy practice through strong clinical leadership.
Essential Job Functions:*
- Directs operations of the pharmacy to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies and hospital requirements.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory requirements, including all state, joint commission, and federal regulations in area of practice, including National Patient Safety Goals and Core Measures.
- Ensures a collaborative departmental approach to planning care, service design, and development of organizational policies and procedures. Works with Physicians and other interdisciplinary team members to identify patient safety/quality/satisfaction opportunities for improvement every shift.
- Continually assesses, measures, and improves departmental performance standard to the HCAHPS customer service and core measures benchmarks as set by department and/or organization.
- Demonstrates responsible management and oversight of departmental resources, including personnel, supplies, and equipment.
- Demonstrates clinical leadership with all departments through improvements in pharmacy practice. Participates in hospital committees and assists in implementing new initiatives when available, however, recognizing that the needs of the department come first.
- Promotes ongoing coaching, evaluation and professional development of staff, including completion of employee appraisals within 30 days of their due dates. Counsels staff with HR as necessary to achieve standards of performance expectations.
- Performs all essential job functions as indicated under pharmacist job description.
- Ability to act as a team player and should be ready to help with any area over which the director has responsibility.
Essential Physical, Mental and/or Environmental Working Conditions:
- Must be able to meet the physical/mental demands of position with or without accommodation. See checklist (page 3) for specific physical, mental and environmental working conditions.
- Must be able to utilize good judgment, demonstrate patience, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to work in a busy and stressful environment.
*Since it is difficult to identify all essential functions of a job because of changes in the workplace, this job description will be reviewed periodically to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date.
About Capital Medical Center
Located in Olympia, Capital Medical Center is a 110-bed full-service hospital serving all of Thurston and surrounding counties. Part of the LifePoint Health family of hospitals, Capital Medical provides a comprehensive range of medical services and high quality care. Capital Medical strives to be a forward thinking, innovative hospital where trust, teamwork, and technology come together to make a positive difference in the health of the community and region. Capital Medical is partly owned by some of the physicians who serve our patients. For more information about our hospital, go online to www.capitalmedical.com. Capital Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.