Admissions Specialist, Tukwila, WA
At Cascade Behavioral Hospital we believe that "Every crisis is an opportunity" Come work for us and see for yourself! We have immediate openings for Admissions Specialists. The Admissions Specialist assists prospective patients and referral sources with assessing and admitting patients into the appropriate inpatient program. The specialist will respond to prospective patients and referral sources by providing psychological assessments and/or appropriate treatment options. The Admissions Specialist may also be required to provide managed care entities with clinical information regarding patient psychiatric hospitalization. Responsibilities include coordinating with internal and external customers and referral sources.
- Facilitate admissions and assessment processes for incoming patients.
- Respond to inquiries about the facility within facility policy timeframes.
- Schedule/complete pre-admission assessments and communicate recommendations to patients or their families.
- Collaborate with other facility medical and psychiatric personnel to ensure appropriate recommendations and admissions.
- Coordinate admission and transfer between levels of care within the facility.
- Communicate projected admissions to designated internal representative in a timely manner.
- Perform insurance benefit verifications, disseminating the information gathered to patient, their families and other appropriate facility staff.
- Ensure all medical admission documentation is gathered from external sources prior to patient admission and secure initial pre-authorization for treatment and admission.
- Assist individual therapists with concurrent reviews with insurance companies to secure continued treatment.
- Coordinate and facilitate peer to peer reviews when needed and collaborate the results of reviews with multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Provide accurate and ongoing assessment of patient status in the admissions process.
- Communicate treatment recommendations to and coordinate with other treatment teams.
Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science, Social Work, Vocational Rehabilitation, Sociology, Public Administration, or a related field; in some states, may also be a registered nurse, in which case, an Associate's degree in nursing may be the minimum educational requirement. For states in which a therapist may act in this role, a master's degree in a therapeutic field required. Minimum one year experience working with individuals in a clinical or observational capacity, preferably within the area of specialty for the hiring facility.
Licensure, as required for the area of clinical specialty, i.e., RN license, CAC or other clinical counseling or therapy license, as designated by the state in which the facility operates.
First Aid, CPR, de-escalation and restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
Apply online at www.cascadebh.com