Executive Assistant, Chehalis, WA
This position is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to the CEO, administrative personnel, and VVHC Board of Directors as necessary and as assigned. This position performs a variety of clerical, reception, administrative, and board governance tasks.
Education: Associate’s Degree or combination of equivalent education and work experience required. Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
Experience: Two years relevant experience of clerical, reception, administrative or secretarial experience working with management in a professional setting. Experience editing and proofreading documents. Previous board experience preferred.
Equipment/Skills: Skill in operating standard office equipment, typing, computer literate in Microsoft Office, strong oral/written communications, strong organizational and time management skills.
Physical demands: Ability to physically perform the functions of the job, including sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, bending, and reaching with or without reasonable accommodation.
Status Classification: Exempt
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative support to CEO, including creating draft text documents, spreadsheets, correspondence, and graphic presentation documents, including proofreading and editing.
- Assists in the maintenance of calendars for CEO and Management Team including:
- Scheduling appointments
- Arranging meetings
- Setting up rooms
- Ordering food
- Provides administrative support to the VVHC Board of Directors. Standards:
- Preparing Board Packets and other documents as indicated
- Attending Board meetings and taking minutes
- Attending QA/QI meetings and taking minutes
- Attending other Board committee meetings as required
- Maintaining board documents
- Drafting necessary correspondence
- Maintaining current corporate document file
- Performs clerical, receptionist, and administrative activities for the administrative office. Standards:
- Greeting visitors and giving tours
- Printing, copying, and faxing documents
- Meeting preparation and meeting minutes
- Postal purchases and certified mail
- Receives, distributes, and prepares mail
- Maintains various databases and tracking systems
- Defines problems, collects data, finds facts, and draws conclusions.
- Represent Valley View’s interests in the community and maintain effective working relationships among co-workers, both public and private entities and professional groups.
- Maintains office equipment shared by administrative office staff: copiers, fax machines, postage machine, etc. Calls for repair service when appropriate.
- Maintains and updates VVHC company policies and procedures.
- Prepares the Annual Report.
- Assists in the planning and hosting of organization activities and functions as well as community events.
- Handles the registration, travel, and hotel reservations for Valley View travel as required.
- Maintains administrative file system. Standards:
- Keeps all correspondence, contracts, and agreements in an organized manner.
- Annually reviews all contracts for renewal.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Standards:
- Follows guidelines established at time of assignment.
- Accepts assignments willingly.
- Prioritizes workload to ensure timely completion of assignment.
- Asks appropriate clarifying questions relative to scope of assignment.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org