Physician, Shingletown, CA
Shingletown Medical Center is recruiting for a Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
Are you interested in providing patient care in a rural health setting? Shingletown Medical Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) located in beautiful Shingletown, CA. Shingletown is located in the lower Sierras a short drive from Lassen Volcanic National Park and Redding, CA. For additional information about Shingletown Medical Center check us out at www.shingletownmedcenter.org
JOB TITLE: Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
REPORT TO: Medical Director
STAFF SUPERVISION: PA/FNP Staff
JOB SUMMARY: Provide health care services by performing the appropriate physical exam, ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, implementing therapeutic treatment measures and obstetrical care if applicable. Work as an integral part of the Provider staff by participating in medical, Behavioral Health team, QA/QI and other staff meetings. Shall also perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, supervision of PA/FNP staff.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide Health Care Services:
- Take appropriate history, physical examination of patients by ordering pertinent diagnostics and implement appropriate therapy according to standard medical practice.
- Obtain appropriate consults when problems presented are outside scope of practice or when unfamiliar with a particular aspect of the patient’s care.
- Communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate competent knowledge in delivering health care to patients through peer review as established through the medical staff bylaws and clinic Quality Assurance Program.
- Supports and contributes in a positive manner to clinic efforts to maintain and improve patient satisfaction in all aspects of health delivery.
- Works at maximum potential to meet productivity requirements in order to improve fiscal viability while maintaining quality medical care.
- Become an integral part of the provider staff through participation in medical staff/ other clinic meetings integrating mental health and primary care.
- Responsible for maintaining credentials by keeping all required licenses current, including but not limited to California Medical License, DEA licenses, CME hours, CPR Certifications and any other. It is the responsibility of the Provider to give Human Resources current credentials before old credentials expire.
- Willingly performs other duties within the scope of practice as assigned.
General Agency Duties:
- Fosters an environment that promotes trust and cooperation among all staff of SMC.
- Enforces clinic policies and procedures.
- Safeguards the confidentiality of all patient and employee information.
- Works with the Clinic Nurse Manager on matters of a clinical nature.
- Attends all SMC mandatory meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Provides quality care and strives to continually improve.
- Treats patients and others with respect, courtesy and compassion.
- Identifies problems, takes ownership, and contributes to solutions.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Completion of a nationally accredited Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine education and training program.
- Must have a current California license without any limitations on practice in area of specialty.
- Must be in good standing with the California State Licensing Board.
- ACLS certification
- BCLS certification
- Previous outpatient clinic experience working with indigent populations preferred.
For further information please contact Denise Highfill, HR/Compliance Officer at email@example.com or Tami Fraser, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org. Both can also be contacted through the main health center number at 530.474.3390