Director of Nursing & Care Management, UW Medicine Primary Care Clinics, Seattle, WA
DIRECTOR OF NURSING & CARE MANAGEMENT, UW MEDICINE PRIMARY CARE CLINICS
Req #: 172938
Department: UW MEDICINE PRIMARY CARE & POPULATION HEALTH
Job Location: Other Location
Job Location Detail: 45th Street Plaza in University District (Seattle)
Salary: Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Notes: This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, diverse and rewarding environment. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
UW Medicine’s mission is to improve the health of the public by advancing medical knowledge, providing outstanding primary and specialty care to the people of the region, and preparing tomorrow’s physicians, scientists and other health professionals. UW Medicine owns or operates Harborview Medical Center (HMC), Northwest Hospital & Medical Center (NWH), Valley Medical Center (VMC), UW Medical Center (UWMC), a network of UW Medicine Neighborhood Clinics (UWNC) that provide primary care, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine, Airlift Northwest, and other owned, operated or affiliated entities as appropriate. In addition, UW Medicine shares in the ownership and governance of Children’s University Medical Group and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance a partnership among UW Medicine, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research, and Seattle Children’s.
UW Medicine Primary Care & Population Health have an outstanding opportunity for a Director of Nursing & Care Management, UW Medicine Primary Care Clinics. This individual will serve as the Chief Nursing Officer for the UW Medicine Primary Care Clinics. The Director of Nursing & Care Management has the primary accountability and responsibility for the practice of ambulatory services provided by nurses, social workers, and dietitians, as well as the evaluation and implementation of clinical programs and services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development and management of clinical programs.
- Assure the achievement of organizational goals related to patient engagement, provider and staff engagement, clinical outcomes and finance. Be accountable for their attainment.
- Hire, supervise, and develop clinical staff in conjunction with the Chief and Manager of each clinic.
- Oversee and supervise the employee health and infection control program at UW Neighborhood Clinics.
- Foster effective clinical operations and environmental safety.
- Use Quality Improvement (QI) strategies.
- Participate in coordination of care within UW Medicine system.
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Active, valid Washington State RN license
- At least six years of supervisory/management experience
- Experience in ambulatory nursing
- Experience developing and supervising nursing practice
- Experience in producing positive outcomes from collaborative work with medical leadership
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for stated requirements.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.