Lead Programmer Analyst, Fairfield, CA
Lead Programmer Analyst
Job ID 2019-1640 Category Information Technology
To lead and participate in the development of complex software systems and programs at PHC. Collaborates with the IT Director in the analysis, design, programming utilizing specifications and applying programming standards, troubleshooting, problem resolution, maintenance, and documentation of software systems and programs. Oversees all aspects of designated application and program support including development, code installation, incident management, problem management, proactive maintenance, problem resolution.
- Works with IT Director and teammates to craft accurate estimates for assigned software development tasks, delivering reliable software programs and systems on time and on-budget.
- Assumes technical leadership over one or more systems by planning and coordinating technical activities necessary to implement, enhance, and maintain them.
- Provides oversight of other resources including associates and contractors.
- Leads functional and technical specifications reviews, and application code reviews and ensures assigned project deliverables stay within stated timelines, scope, and costs.
- Coordinates resources and organizes activities necessary to complete project tasks.
- Gathers and translates business requirements into detailed functional specifications, and/or functional specifications into technical specifications, and managing requests for changes to the specifications.
- Develops software estimates and maintain project schedules.
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; prepares a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Recommends system enhancements and modifications to improve performance efficiency.
- Employs standards to ensure data accuracy, security and privacy of information to which s/he has access as a result of her/her duties.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of System Life Cycle deliverables and coding standards; other duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or a related field preferred. Five years of experience in Information Systems. Two to five years of experience in health care. Demonstrated experience with large, highly complex projects.
Special Skills, Licenses and Certifications
Extensive understanding of business process design and experience using and building a System Development Lifecycle Methodology. Significant experience in designing, building, and implementing enterprise level software solutions. Ability to create, analyze, and evaluate information systems proposals. Extensive knowledge of relevant multi-user computer systems, applications, and programs. Knowledge of current technology developments and trends. Experience developing and executing integrated test plans. Practical project management capabilities and a demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships with business area management and other team members.
Performance Based Competencies
Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to interpret and understand technical requirements. Excellent analytical skills to troubleshoot and resolve systems problems.
Work Environment And Physical Demands
More than 50% of work time is spent at a video display terminal. May be required to bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, or work in other non-standing and non-sitting positions to install cabling, systems hardware and other related equipment.
All Healthplan employees are expected to:
- Provide a high level of service to clients;
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort among employees;
- Maintain safe practices; and
- Abide by the Healthplan’s policies and procedures as they may from time to time be updated.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive or definitive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or work environment change.