Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (MA-P), Ellensburg, WA
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (MA-P) - Full Time
603 S Chestnut St, Ellensburg, WA 98926, USA
KVH is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes 24-hour emergency care, inpatient, and outpatient hospital services through KVH Hospital. Clinics and services provided include family medicine, internal medicine, a geriatric nurse practitioner program, home health and hospice, physical therapy, orthopedics, general surgery, pediatrics, women’s health, and urgent care.
Kittitas Valley Healthcare expects all employees to uphold our Vision & Mission. The KVH Vision, Mission & Guiding Principles can be found at http://www.kvhealthcare.org/mission-and-vision.
Sample collections, scheduling, processing of all laboratory specimens, culture set-ups, and the performance of waived and moderate complexity laboratory tests. Includes clerical and reception duties of lab. If in a clinic setting will register patients and obtain x-ray images.
What is required...
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current Washington State MA-P or MA-C license (maintenance required)
- One year experience as phlebotomist
- If in a clinic setting and performing x-rays WA Dept of Health Radiologic Technologist licensure is required (within six months of hire)
- Current CPR card (maintenance required)
What is preferred...
- Valid WA State Driver’s License (may be required)
- Valid auto liability insurance (may be required)
- Previous experience as a Lab Assistant
- ASCP or equivalent Certification as a Lab Assistant
Wage: Lab Assistant wage range starts at $16.83/hour; Phlebotomist wage range starts at $15.88/hour. Actual wage will be based on years' of applicable experience.
FTE: Lab Assistant - .50 FTE (20 hours/week) & Phelbotomist - .50 FTE (20 hours/week) = total of 1.0 FTE = 40 hours/week
Benefits: This position is benefits eligible.