Facilities/Maintenance Director, Leavenworth, WA
Cascade Medical (CM), a critical access hospital and rural health clinic located in beautiful downtown Leavenworth in the Cascade Foothills of Central Washington, is looking for a full-time Facilities Director to manage the Plant, Environmental Services and Laundry Departments.
Consider joining our team of caring and committed professionals. At CM, there are no corporate silos. Our entire team is accessible at all levels and cultivates a welcoming, dependable work environment. Be a part of an organization that focuses on clinical excellence while enjoying the best of life in a small town that is also a premier Washington travel destination (located ~115 miles from Seattle).
With a competitive salary and generous benefits, CM allows you the combination of a work environment you can be proud of and a quality of life you deserve.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Facilities Director is responsible for the oversight and day-to-day management of three departments (with a staff of ~seven employees).
- Ensure staffing is adequate for areas of responsibility. The Facilities Director is responsible for the planning, organization and administration of Facilities services (which includes staffing, training and development, communications, and documentation).
- Manage all aspects of departmental staff which includes: interviewing prospective employees, conducting department orientation, conducting performance reviews, coaching/counseling, taking corrective action as necessary, etc.
- Serve as CM's Safety Officer and is chair of our Safety Committee.
- Create, develop and implement the Strategic Plan for areas of responsibility (consistent with the CM's Strategic Plan).
- Plan, develop, write, and execute budget for areas of responsibility.
- Serve as the primary contact for contractors and other vendors for the repair, maintenance and/or installation of hospital systems.
- Ensure policies and procedures are reviewed regularly and implemented effectively throughout areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for the development, revision and implementation of the Quality Improvement Program for areas of responsibility.
- Develop, improve and/or maintain an effective Preventive Maintenance Program, and maintain accurate test and maintenance records.
- Maintain parts and cleaning product inventories to "PAR" levels.
- Maintain accuracy with regard to record keeping and the recording of test results.
- Assist in the day-to-day maintenance of the facility as needed.
- Responsible for Emergency Operations Plan.
- Ensure that staff members adhere to CM values and behavioral standards, and create a positive culture that enables staff to provide a consistently exceptional patient experience.
Five years' experience as a Facilities/Maintenance Director strongly desired.
- Experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Must have demonstrated supervisory skills.
- The ability to motivate and influence others is essential.
- Must possess exceptional verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills that align with CM's Shared Values.
- Must have a working knowledge of BACnet and DDC controls.
- Must understand and be able to operate medium-scale HVAC equipment.
- Experience with automated snow melting systems desired.
- Knowledge of or experience with medium-scale water softening systems preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer systems required to manage and report on the operations of the three departments. This includes MS Word and Excel.
- This position requires normal courtesy, tact and diplomacy while working with all levels of CM employees, vendors, contractors, the community, etc.
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish preferred).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Certification as a Facilities Manager (CFM) desired.
For consideration: Please complete online application and upload cover letter of interest w/salary requirements and resume.