Care Management Supervisor (RN) - Pediatric Team, Scotts Valley or Salinas, CA
Care Management Supervisor (RN) - Pediatric Team *with sign-on bonus
at Central California Alliance for Health View all jobs
Scotts Valley, CA
*Newly added- $7,500 sign-on bonus
*There is one position available that can be filled in either the Salinas or Scotts Valley office
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
As the Care Management Supervisor (RN), you will supervise, mentor and train assigned staff, and coordinate and implement effective and efficient Care Management programs and processes, including Complex Care Management, Pediatric Care Management, Medical Social Work, and Care Coordination.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This is a new team in the Care Management Department as we, the Alliance, a Medi-Cal managed care plan, implement the Whole-Child Model (WCM), and incorporate California Children’s Services (CCS) covered services into our plan. CCS is a statewide program for children with special health care needs. The CCS services were previously “carved out” (not a covered benefit of our plan) and were coordinated by the respective counties in our contracted areas. On July 1, 2018, we assumed responsibility for payment, authorization and care coordination of primary and specialty services for CCS-eligible children and youth. To learn more about the WCH model, integration of CCS services and other resources, click here.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Principles and practices of clinical nursing or social work, as applicable to license type
- Principles and practices of case management
- Methods and techniques of research, analysis and reporting
- Windows based PC systems and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and database software
- Supervise, train and evaluate the work of staff
- Motivate staff and promote an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation
- Plan, organize and prioritize tasks and work schedules, manage projects, and adhere to timelines
- Foster effective working relationships, influence others, and build consensus with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Organize and prioritize the work of others, delegate effectively, and follow up on work assignments
- Ability to identify issues, conduct research, gather and analyze information, reach logical and sound conclusions, and make recommendations for action
- Ability to work independently, apply sound judgment, and make decisions related to areas of functional responsibility
Education and Experience:
- Current unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of California
- Associate’s degree in Nursing and a minimum of five years of experience in a patient care setting, including at least one year of case management experience and one year of supervisory or lead experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve over 330,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here or check out this video.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for sponsorship.