Hospital Controller, Salinas, CA
INSPIRING HEALTHY LIVES
At Natividad, our dedication to the people of Monterey County is at the heart of everything we do—from the health care services we provide to the specialized programs we promote. This commitment to our community spans more than 130 years and, more importantly, has touched countless lives. It has also earned us a Joint Commission ranking in the top percentile of hospitals nationwide. If you believe in inspiring healthy lives by focusing on community-based care, consider joining Natividad today.
Natividad is currently seeking a full-time permanent Hospital Controller. Reporting to the Hospital Chief Financial Officer, the Hospital Controller develops, implements and directs the accounting functions of Natividad, including general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, budgeting and reimbursement, financial analysis and reporting; acts for or represents the Hospital Chief Financial Officer; and performs other related work as required.
Example of Duties:
- Directs the medical center's accounting practices and preparation and maintenance of fiscal and accounting records and reports
- Monitors and analyzes budget performance and accounting techniques to determine actual versus budget costs
- Assists, advises and provides information to Administration and management staff on financial and budgetary matters for strategic planning
- Directs the development and implementation of new and/or modified accounting systems and procedures
- Supervises the preparation of all third party cost reimbursement reports required by Medicare and MediCal
- Prepares financial analyses, recommends cost shift or accounting strategies to maximize reimbursements
- Reviews third party contracts and directs the development of new agreements to maximize Natividad's financial rate of return
- Reviews current regulations regarding reimbursement for hospital and clinic health care services and medical education and makes recommendations for maximizing participation in available reimbursement schemes
- Analyzes and reports on potential financial impact of legislative proposals and recommends policy position for use in legislative lobbying
- Hires, trains, supervises, conducts performance evaluations and recommends disciplinary action for staff
Minimum qualifications include completion of course work leading to a Bachelor's degree with a major in finance, accounting or business administration, possession of a valid certificate as a certified Public Accountant and four years of fiscal experience in a hospital or health care setting which included responsibility for budgets and reimbursements. At least two years of the qualifying experience must have been in a supervisory capacity.
Successful candidates will have thorough knowledge of principles and practices of hospital and health care budgeting and financial management; accounting principles and methods; Federal, state and local codes, rules and regulations influencing hospital and health care fiscal operations; mathematical and statistical concepts and applications; and financial models, including legal, tax and reimbursement implications of integrated delivery systems.
For application materials, contact Natividad, HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd, Bldg 300, Salinas, CA 93906; call us at (831) 783-2700; or apply online at http://www.natividad.com. Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NatividadInspiringHealthyLives/ EOE/M/F/H/V