Patient Account Manager, Salinas, CA
INSPIRING HEALTHY LIVES
At Natividad, our dedication to the people of Monterey County is at the heart of everything we do—from the health care services we provide to the specialized programs we promote. This commitment to our community spans more than 130 years and, more importantly, has touched countless lives. It has also earned us a Joint Commission ranking in the top percentile of hospitals nationwide. If you believe in inspiring healthy lives by focusing on community-based care, consider joining Natividad today.
PATIENT ACCOUNT MANAGER
Natividad is currently seeking to fill two permanent, full-time Patient Account Manager positions in the Business Office. Under direction, the Patient Account Manager coordinates and manages the daily activities of Patient Accounts, Credit and Collections, and/or the Monterey County Medical Services Program (MCMSP); ensures the timely and accurate gathering of statistical data and key patient information; ensures timely and accurate billing of accounts receivables and prompt follow-up of such accounts in order to maintain an acceptable level of days in receivables; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications include the equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Business or Public Administration, Accounting or a closely related field and three years of increasingly responsible, professional work in a patient accounts department, including at least two years in a supervisory role.
Requires thorough knowledge of:
- Current Procedure Terminology (CPT), ICD9 Coding, Revenue codes and Hospital Financial Classifications
- UB92 and 1500 Medical claim forms
- Medicare, Medi-Cal, CHAMPUS, Workers Compensation, Indigent, Blue Cross and Commercial Insurance billing and collections
- APC, DRG and compliance regulations relating to inpatient and outpatient hospital settings
- Industry and technology trends as applied to patient account management
- Principles and practices of effective management and supervision
For application materials, contact Natividad, HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd, Bldg 300, Salinas, CA 93906; call us at (831) 783-2700; or apply online at www.natividad.com. Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NatividadInspiringHealthyLives/ EOE/M/F/H/V